1980 Mitsu jeep 1uz v8 swap

claycity

my jeep the 2.4 mitsubishi motor is toast. so in the quest for more power and me having all the big parts to do the swap im going with the toyota 1uz all-alloy 32-valve quad-camshaft V8 im not not big on typing or can i do it that fast. so i will try and keep you updated and a CAM in my pocket to get the pics. at the same time as this swap im putting in 9 half toy axles, doing tube finders. 32" inch coil overs.

here are the first run of pics. this is just the taer down, as you can see the 2.4 out, finders off, and core support, and 1uz out.
awww.paintthepavement.com_2kboffroad_membersrides_albums_batchupload_1UZ_20SWAP_1uzswap13.jpg

awww.paintthepavement.com_2kboffroad_membersrides_albums_batchupload_1UZ_20SWAP_1uzswap28.jpg

awww.paintthepavement.com_2kboffroad_membersrides_albums_batchupload_1UZ_20SWAP_motor23.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_batchupload_1UZ_20SWAP_engine__288_29.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_batchupload_1UZ_20SWAP_engine__289_29.jpg

well the d-side header is done just got to have the flange milled flat and sand blast it and paint. wasnt to bad to make the p-side is going to be the bad one i got less room. the runners are 1" 1/2 into a 3" collector into 2"1/2 exhaust pipe. if i got enough pipe left for the other side its only cost me $130 plus time
awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header1.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header2.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header3.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header4.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header5.jpg

awww.2kboffroad.com_membersrides_albums_userpics_10001_header6.jpg

Nice build! So do you live in Japan at the moment??

cool,for a minute i thought you had hardwood floors in the garage..LOL keep up the good work.looking good

also love your license plate..Y ....69

a jeep with a toyota drivetrain....not sure how I feel about that

You can offroad in Japan?????
ya but it dieing slowly im hoping it will keep going untill i leave in 2011

cool,for a minute i thought you had hardwood floors in the garage..LOL keep up the good work.looking good
also love your license plate..Y ....69
ya i get alot crap about the plate it going to be gone here soon cuz all the mods ive done it wont pass inspection anymore

a jeep with a toyota drivetrain....not sure how I feel about that
ha ha ha ya yota parts and a Mitsubishi name on the jeep. yota is like the only good axles to find around here and they are still hard to come by

What are you gettin toyota 9.5 from?

Brazilian Cherry floors, I like very much!! Jeep looks good too

What are you gettin toyota 9.5 from?
60 70 ser landcrusers might be 9.25 but everyone here call them 9.5 trying to find a full floater rear
1UZFE V8 4.0
You're gonna like the 250+ hp it has.
I used to have one.
nice.
ya im waiting on the fuel cell im hoping to have going by this summer
Guessing you might be wheeling between CTA & NTA? Never "wheeled" much on the rock, but had a blast in PI & Pohang! :lol:
i havent made it up to NTA yet this is just out side of kadena. and a place they call the golf corse but is closed now

Back