1985 Ford 6.9?

792.5cj5

I've got a 1985 f-350 that needed head gaskets. Got them off and it needs heads. Now it needs a cam. Pulled ther motor and check it out. One of the cyclinder walls has a spot in it and 3 of the piston cooling jets where chilling in the pan. Looks like someone has replaced the crank at some point. The motor has 180k on it and I got it pretty cheap. So looking for a camshaft that is in good shape. Maybe a cheap motor. Whats out the for performance grinds on the cams? Anybody got one of these trucks? Do ya like it? MPG? Should I add a turbo? Somebody got one laying around? Thanks for the help

Chris

you should have just bought mine...its for sale and for the right price (you PM with that) it could be yours...

their great trucks and around town i get great fuel milage but if you want speed then i would look into the turbo. they have the low end power all day but its hard to keep the rpms up when towing to maintain your speed

you sure you don't want to buy mine?:fuck-you:

I'd definately look into a turbo. My brother had a 2WD 84 F-250 with the 6.9 and the banks sidewinder setup. Good fuel milage, all the power it needed, but watch your egt's he ran it a little too hard one day and cracked a head. You may have seen it around Kernersville a few years back, Black with red/silver pinstiping and a set of white 16.5" wagon wheels, headache rack. Not pretty at all, but the bitch was quick.

Back