1997 F350 7.3 fuel leak/no power

ramjo

So the old 350 has had a fuel leak somewhere on top of the motor for about as long as I've had it (2 years).....so it's probably been leaking for longer than that. Ran fine, no issues associate with it. A month or so ago I fired it up and headed down the road and about 1/4 mile down the road it went to a rough idle and zero throttle response. I let it set running for a few minutes until it eventually smoothed out and returned to normal. It will run fine after that until it sets for a few hours....who are the prime leak suspects?

Water separator drain valve
They are know for causing fuel leaks if that's what it is replace all the o rings for 15-20 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rebuilt my fuel bowl last year. Got a kit from DieselOrings. Also check the fuel lines coming out of the bowl. The pumps have a weep hole that'll drip fuel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the misfire/rough idle goes do a buzz test and see if you get any circuit codes. As mentioned above, just buy a diesel orings rebuild kit for the fuel bowl.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions, I finally managed to mess with for a few hours. I found one leak in the fuel filter sensor. I'm going to plug it off and see what other leaks I can find

Back