2.7 radio?

R Q

Im new to this so excuse me for a dumb question. Most radios are advertized as 2.4. Whats the difference between 2.4 and 2.7?
Thanks

well can you inform us?
Lol! 2.7 is the old AM style where they used a few different frequencies and if you were running with other cars around you both may have the same crystals and cause interference with each others controllers. The newer style (2.4) aren't like that

Yup, 2.4 is the best thing to come around in quite a while. No more tags to grab to make sure there are no frequency issues. Once saw a large scale Piper Cub airplane model crash and burn because of a frequency glitch.

I had a AM radio with my Axial crawler, there was a lot of places I couldn't play with it because of interference. Big pain in the but. The Wraith has the 2.4 best thing since sliced bread.

yep. I lost an old rc10 due to some jackass at the racetrack firing up his transmitter, "i didn't think it would interfere" right beside the race track, full speed, right into a wall went my truck.
just went to 2.4 and ordered 2 more receivers to put it in the other cars. Easy to push the button and sync up with multiple cars. Much better range. Only 4 batteries and they'll last longer. :)
best investment.

All good points. First, though, it's not 2.7, it's 27mHz. 27 megahertz vs. 2.4 gigahertz. 2.4G can also be susceptible to interference, though. Cell phones and wireless devices operate on the 2.4G spectrum. The chances are slimmer, but still there.

Back