2 things

bh1075

something that really bothers me that I belive would help things is making it a requirement to post pics/link to pics in the for sale adds on vehicles.

i hate looking through several pages of "hey can i get pics to ___". Its will cut down on number of posts, you dont have to send the pics to 50 ppl at random times of the day, and it will help your sell in general.

2nd, not really a problem, but things are running sloooooooooooooow tonight

I've been agreeing with that...

both actually. lol

Im sure that others are like me, unless its something really really interesting im not gonna play phone tag just to get pics.

I'm working on the page speed issues.

As for the images.... we could change the rule so that anybody can upload photos to the server. We've always reserved it as an extra perk for the users that have yearly subscriptions, but we can talk about whether or not that's still appropriate.

some folks don't have the ability to post pics, whether it's because of no way to take them or knowledge to post them. So I myself would be against making it required. Many times I have posted pics of stuff for people, not to help out the one selling, but to help out those interested.
I also think allowing anyone to be able to post pics is inviting many to not renew membership, and opening the door for even more pimps who only want access to sell their stuff.

I also think allowing anyone to be able to post pics is inviting many to not renew membership, and opening the door for even more pimps who only want access to sell their stuff.

Right, that's why I think we need to look at whether or not folks are getting their money's worth or whatever.

As for the pimps... bring it. The more pimps we've got, the more chances we've got to score cool used junk.

Dont change the rules on who can post pics, if they arent allowed, they can post a link to pics else where.

I understand that a few might not be able to figure out how to upload pics, but the majority are offering to txt/email them to you. So there is no reason most people cant add pics.

Make it where paid members can only post in the classified. Others can still view the adds and all that just cant post. Might get more people to register.

I just think it kinda goes with making them have a price in the add. You wanna know the price before hand so you dont waste time calling about an over priced pos. I would like to see said pos before call and start negotiating. This is really healpful for the buyer and seller are far apart. My truck and jeeps was 2 hour ride one way, Id rather see pic and get a general idea before riding that far for nothing.

Either way, pics or not, ill renew when I get out of recruite training. Just thought i'd toss that out there, since its been bugging me for awhile.

From the beginning the idea has been to allow anyone to post, as long as they have an account (and post a damn price). They don't need to be a paid member. This benefits everyone through more/better access to stuff.

If only paid members could post, people will go elsewhere. For example: I can't sell items on jeepforum until I pay and reach some minimum post count. So I post stuff elsewhere. The members who only frequent that site loose out. Not my problem. If I feel like I'm missing out on sales I will pony up.

I email/post asking for pics if I don't see any I move on. If your getting all butt hurt about not seeing pics you either wanted that item but weren't serious enough to go look at it or your just tire kicking. I've told sellers point blank I'm interested but not driving 4 hours to look at something. Some have had a friend text a pic others just say oh well...

We try to make this place more than just craigs or eghay...

I don't think pics should be required to post an ad, that is a rule I would rather not have to moderate. Don't get me wrong, I hate the threads that have a bazillion replies "pics to joeblow@gmail.com please", and I really don't understand why the OP can't post them up in the first place.
Some things don't need a picture, e.g brand new 31x10 BFG AT...you want it more info, hit up BFG.com.
My opinion is that if someone really wants to sell their item, they will post a pic.

From the beginning the idea has been to allow anyone to post, as long as they have an account (and post a damn price). They don't need to be a paid member. This benefits everyone through more/better access to stuff.

If only paid members could post, people will go elsewhere. For example: I can't sell items on jeepforum until I pay and reach some minimum post count. So I post stuff elsewhere. The members who only frequent that site loose out. Not my problem. If I feel like I'm missing out on sales I will pony up.

I email/post asking for pics if I don't see any I move on. If your getting all butt hurt about not seeing pics you either wanted that item but weren't serious enough to go look at it or your just tire kicking. I've told sellers point blank I'm interested but not driving 4 hours to look at something. Some have had a friend text a pic others just say oh well...

We try to make this place more than just craigs or eghay...

I can see both sides of the membership side. That was just an idea of how to inforce the pic rule if it came in to effect.

If people were serious about sellin their crap, they would put pics in the first place. I think its better for both parties if the pics are there to start with. You have less people coming and wasting your time to look at it, you dont have to txt 50 people pics of which maybe 10 will reply.

I don't think pics should be required to post an ad, that is a rule I would rather not have to moderate. Don't get me wrong, I hate the threads that have a bazillion replies "pics to joeblow@gmail.com please", and I really don't understand why the OP can't post them up in the first place.
Some things don't need a picture, e.g brand new 31x10 BFG AT...you want it more info, hit up BFG.com.
My opinion is that if someone really wants to sell their item, they will post a pic.

Not for tires and stuff, just vehicles.

Just a suggestion, I dunno how much added stress it would be, but what's the possibility of having a subsection of classifieds, that does require a picture (could admin specify in the 'site controls' to allow non-paying members to post pics in that one section)? Or just splitting them out into separate categories...classifieds with pics here and no pics go in here?

I am 110% on board with being annoyed at reading ads with no pics...I just don't agree with making too many rules. If someone is serious about selling their junk, they'll post up a pic.

Back