2000 WJ Death Wobble

If you have wobble in a certain window of speed like that, you likely have a toe in/out issue, on top of th etrack bar movement.
Again, ANY movement in the track bar and/or mounts will cause death wobble.
It seems you have a couple of contributors. Based on the description of the xx mph to xx mph wobble, verify the toe. Should be 1/8" toe in.
Is that 1/8" a side or overall toe-in?

Sorry for the late reply.

After replacing all of those things I found that I had a caliper sticking as well. I went ahead replaced both front calipers for good measure. All good now. The Jeep sat for a good 2 years with a blown motor before I bought from my brother in law. Looks like all bushing took a crap while it sat and the calipers dried up.

Jeep is running great and driving well. Only issue left is 4LO sounds like it’s binding. All time 4x4 works no problem.

Any ideas?

Btw. Thanks everyone for the help! This has been a frustrating and rewarding journey.

Sorry for the late reply.

After replacing all of those things I found that I had a caliper sticking as well. I went ahead replaced both front calipers for good measure. All good now. The Jeep sat for a good 2 years with a blown motor before I bought from my brother in law. Looks like all bushing took a crap while it sat and the calipers dried up.

Jeep is running great and driving well. Only issue left is 4LO sounds like it’s binding. All time 4x4 works no problem.

Any ideas?

Btw. Thanks everyone for the help! This has been a frustrating and rewarding journey.
It’s worth noting that you can retrofit the later year WJ brake design on your 2000 if you plan to keep it for a while. They picked a akebono style brake to reduce the chance for warping/sticking brakes.

Back