2008 sterling 10.5 LSD? Or Track lock?

marty79

What do I have here in this rear 10.5 sterling. If its limited slip, dont want it but if it's a track lock and worth a darn I'll keep it since it will see pavement here and there. Thank you
20210415_142335.jpg
1618511199538688731904514580255.jpg

you should weld it all up

you should weld it all up
Well I was going to like usual but if that locker is worth keeping I'd rather have a locker (it would be a first lol)

Well I was going to like usual but if that locker is worth keeping I'd rather have a locker (it would be a first lol)
A trak-lok is a limited slip. All the brand names are misleading. The design of this differential does not have a cam mechanism to increase preload over how it is assembled so basically it is tight as it will ever be when first assembled then starts getting loose as the clutches wear. The only locker Ford put in the 10.5 is the electrically selectable locker in the later model Super Duties. I have no knowledge of how tight these are stock so hopefully someone else that knows can chime in.

A trak-lok is a limited slip. All the brand names are misleading. The design of this differential does not have a cam mechanism to increase preload over how it is assembled so basically it is tight as it will ever be when first assembled then starts getting loose as the clutches wear. The only locker Ford put in the 10.5 is the electrically selectable locker in the later model Super Duties. I have no knowledge of how tight these are stock so hopefully someone else that knows can chime in.
Thanks buddy, I took it out and welded the spiders. It's nice how its separate so will be easy to change down the road

Back