2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

BB98xj

Hey guys, we have a 2011 JGC 4wd that makes a weird “popping” on acceleration, occasionally on turns, specifically to the left but coming from the rear.

Any ideas? Or where to take it besides the dealership, local to Winston Salem. I took it to North Point Jeep on Friday and left it all day but they “lost my work order” apparently it got stapled to another one.

The diagnosis from Jeep was a bad transfer case. Does anyone have experience with these on the 2011 models?

The diagnosis from Jeep was a bad transfer case. Does anyone have experience with these on the 2011 models?

If the dealership isn’t coming to the table with exact problems from the tcase I would walk away. Does it have wear? Sure. But the ancient ass tcase in bubbas XJ on Daniel is still going. It’s most likely fine.

Sounds like you need to crawl under the Jeep and find out for yourself. Control arm bushings and anything that puts torque to the ground. Replace and grease ujoints in the driveshaft if they are looking pretty old/original. Maybe a coil spring isolator is trash or a shock bushing is toast.

I lay under my jeeps and use a foot to get a hold of the chassis and shake the Jeep as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back