2013 Yukon XL 4x4 Vent Tube??

cyoung

So I have a hose hanging down near the tcase. It runs from there forward on top of the trans and then feels like it splits at the trans and goes up somewhere towards the engine compartment. There is a broken clip at the top/rear of the tcase that looks like it used to hold this hose but I see no connection there for the hose end. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a breather on the end or is it supposed to connect to the tcase somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

The transfer case has a breather tube that runs up to the top of the bellhousing on the transmission. It's usually clipped to the transmission breather and they're attached to a bracket on the top center bellhousing bolt. Standard GM setup for 99+ NBS and later.

Got any pictures of it?

This is a 5.3 4l60, but routing is similar.

20181202_161830.jpg

Yep. That ^

Thanks for the replies but I'm trying to figure out what happens with the open end of the hose back on top of the tcase. There is a broken clip there that looks like it once held the hose but no apparent fitting to connect the hose for venting the case. I don't have a pic but maybe can try later.....

I cannot find any sort of vent fitting in the vicinity of this hose. In the 2nd pic here you can see the clip that looks like it used to hold the hose. In the other pic, you can see what looks like a rubber grommet (there are actually 2 of them) that could accept a fitting but there is no hole; it is really a plug. It is a bit baffling. Thanks for any more help!

Attachments

• IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 77
Those plugs are where the output shaft c clip is accessed.

The vent would be right here:

s-l1200.jpg

Those plugs are where the output shaft c clip is accessed.

The vent would be right here:

View attachment 400155
OK, looks like I found it as you said but there is a hose there; see pic. So I still don't know where my mystery hose is supposed to be. At this point I'm thinking it was attached to the clip at the back of the tcase and just had a breather on it......???

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59
Back