The Garden Thread

Green beans are coming up.

08A22354-BCAD-4367-9020-B1AA33CE3F2A.jpeg

Broccoli starting to get going good. Two bad my second planting is all but dead. Hoping the third planting will do better.

also re starting some cucumbers, peppers, zucchini from seed they didn’t start well once planted

Attachments

• 3D8EDB05-3481-4BED-B6C9-137E91500112.jpeg
    3D8EDB05-3481-4BED-B6C9-137E91500112.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 126
My stuff is doing well. Corn and green beans are loving the rain.

I need to fertilize everything thing again. Already got first cutting off the broccoli.

also my buddy kept giving me a hard time calling me lazy to not setup the water system. Come to find out where my garden is use to be used to grow hemp and the guy had a whole drip irrigation system setup. So now I got a drip irrigation setup and trying to get a water pump going that nick “loaned” me.

Put out some 10/10/10 in preparation for the rain coming. Everything looking good! Corn and green beans are flourishing, all the veggies doing well. Lost a few squash plants, may be bunnies. Going to run some electric wire this weekend.

Second cutting of 1/2 my broccoli 4 plants. The heads aren’t as big as I was hoping but they were about to start blooming.

I think next year we will plant a good bit more broccoli as it seems to do very well and we eat a lot of it. Possibly plant some more this fall

Attachments

• A10C6EB6-D880-44FD-91D8-D39F42AF6B28.jpeg
    A10C6EB6-D880-44FD-91D8-D39F42AF6B28.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 122
We ran the irrigation this morning, it was supposed to rain but the forecast has changed a little. We’ll see. Put some more 10-10-10 on it all.

Showeeee, a week at the beach and the weeds have taken over
That is something here that has not been an issue at all. I have not needed to use the cultivator or a hoe at all. This is the first year we have had a garden here (first summer living here full time) but back in JoCo we fought weeds daily. It’s quite a difference.

I built Angie a stick scarecrow just because she wanted one and she has aluminum pie tins hung on sticks all over the garden and the blueberries. We haven’t had a rabbit attack so maybe they are working.

We have enough rabbits here to supply magicians worldwide.

I guess I'm an idiot,but I didn't realize it was the rabbits eating all my blueberry leaves until I read about them in this thread. Nevermind the fact that there is always a rabbit by my bushes when I get home. Needless to say, I put welded wire fence around them today ha

I think cauliflower would be the absolute last vegetable I ever grew. I'd have to be starving to death to willingly eat that stuff

I think cauliflower would be the absolute last vegetable I ever grew. I'd have to be starving to death to willingly eat that stuff
Roasted with some olive oil and spices it is great. Makes a decent pizza crust too.

My mini garden is getting ravaged this year and not by bugs. The beans have almost been completely stripped by the deer. The squash and zukes are getting nibbled. We had a big, low hanging tomato that just disappeared all of sudden. The Mrs is hot about it so I'm rolling to Lowe's or Tractor Supply and getting electrified. I'm also about to show the neighbors what hillbillies do when they have problems :sniper: It appears we have a groundhog that's moved in. The Mrs spotted it yesterday while outside. I may use a tried and true method my dad showed me years ago. Basically, it involves taking a water hose and filling their hole up. When they come up for air, you hit them in the head with a shovel. However, I'll refine his technique with the use of a subsonic 22 and be done with it.

Back