22r propane, turbo build, no start troublshooting

toyota231

Build is a 22r, turbo and propane draw through turbo setup. New impco ca200 mixer, used but seemingly good model L vaporizer. I'm looking for a little assistance on troubleshooting a no start issue that has me stumped. This is a fresh build, will not start off of lpg. Will start right up off starting fluid so I know it's not an electrical issue. Checked vacuum on the engine and it's fine. I am getting lpg to the mixer if I take the hose off and push the primer on the vaporizer, but if I put the feed hose back on the primer will not push in, it seems like something in the mixer is not right, I'm not able to get fuel from the mixer to the engine.

So thoughts on this? Also for anyone that has done a draw through setup, was there any type of balance line that needs to be ran to reference boost? I understand it's only applicable in a blow through setup, just trying to cover everything and make sure something wasn't missed.

How far away is the mixer from the vaporizer? If its a long ways then its possible youre not holding the starter over long enough or not hitting the purge button enough or not holding the purge button while trying to start it. Also mixer to turbo location matters. It needs to be as close to turbo as possible. You are correct that the draw through should not need a balance tube to the best of my memory. Make sure you have electric lockoff or no lockoff. The vacuum lock offs dont work with boost. I had massive problems with draw through and went back to blow through. Starting issues were one of the problems. The "fix" for mine was the purge valve (dont remember exact name) that Cary at got propane sells as a temp fix that usually turns into a permanent fix for most people. Also from my years of propane and propane accessory use, anything other than a model e vaporizer is trash. Please take that for what you will as far as your model L goes.

Well the problem is fixed, it was a retarded oversight on my part. Fixed it and it started right up. It was weird though I've never seen a vaporizer that wouldn't prime at all, literally no amount of pushing on the primer would make it purge. But it's all good now, it starts, and runs, I'm just waiting on the afr gauge to get it tuned correctly.

Well the problem is fixed, it was a retarded oversight on my part. Fixed it and it started right up. It was weird though I've never seen a vaporizer that wouldn't prime at all, literally no amount of pushing on the primer would make it purge. But it's all good now, it starts, and runs, I'm just waiting on the afr gauge to get it tuned correctly.
What was the issue? I’ve got a 22r on propane that may be getting a turbo soon.

What was the issue? I’ve got a 22r on propane that may be getting a turbo soon.
I'm too damn embarrassed to say lol. I didn't run a vacuum line from the engine to the vaporizer for a vacuum reference. I've got some things going on in life that are taking everything out of me and my mind just didn't catch my idiotic mistake.

I'm too damn embarrassed to say lol. I didn't run a vacuum line from the engine to the vaporizer for a vacuum reference. I've got some things going on in life that are taking everything out of me and my mind just didn't catch my idiotic mistake.
It’s all good. I do stupid stuff all the time haha. I planned on doing a draw through also, so I may pick your brain or come by and check out your setup when I do my turbo since you’re near by.

It’s all good. I do stupid stuff all the time haha. I planned on doing a draw through also, so I may pick your brain or come by and check out your setup when I do my turbo since you’re near by.
You are more than welcome to come by or just ask questions, I'm right across the street from Deere Hitachi on West Mtn Street in Kernersville so we aren't far apart. I'm hoping to have it tuned correctly here in the next week or so. The project still has quite a few things that need finishing but I want to try to move on with it pretty quickly and get it driveable at least back and forth to work. I work in the hot everyday plus circumstances in life with my business are kicking my butt so motivation has been 0 lately, butt I'm trying to get out of that rut. Hit me up anytime on the weekend if you decide you want to check it out.

Back