22re Engine Rebuilder?

off_road2

Anyone know of a good place around the Charlotte/Hickory area to take a 22re for a head gasket/rebuild? A buddy of mine just paid a guy at a shop for a new head gasket and within a week the gasket has blown again.

He asked me about Harrington's Engine Rebuilding in Kannapolis, what has anyone's experience been with them?

He thanks you for the help.

Higgins in salisbury is good they are on hwy29 he did my 3 slow and several 22r and 22re motors for friends look him up great work for a decent deal pm me ill have to find his number

Carolina Truggies. A member/ vender on here.

stay away from harringtons. not good experience!!
Would you mind some details, feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post it.

I was gonna say that I've never had a problem with Harrington's and I've spent a lot of money there, they might be a little slow right now with trying to get moved over to the new shop and all the race motors they are doing over the offseason.

Thanks for all the good info guys. I've let him know what everyone said.

Would you mind some details, feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post it.
I was gonna say that I've never had a problem with Harrington's and I've spent a lot of money there, they might be a little slow right now with trying to get moved over to the new shop and all the race motors they are doing over the offseason.

Two different harrington's, i think the one they are talking about is in kannapolis as it says. They advertise on craigslist and ebay.

prob had my share built

ive had 7 total done by poteats in k-town excellent machine work and perfect cylinder hone work ! also use napa head gaskets they hold up better on a built motor "high compression with cams and head work"

Two different harrington's, i think the one they are talking about is in kannapolis as it says. They advertise on craigslist and ebay.

you talking about the place that sells rebuild's for like 600-800$ after you trade your core in? i found them through craiglist called and w.o a core it was 1200 or something. but im weary about buying rebuilds.

Carolina Engineering in Forest City nc does machine work with fair prices. he's located right behind mark fraiser's auto shop (lotta 4wd trucks sitting there) that's up past shelby nc off hwy 74

You're right I was talking about the one in Taylorsville, I must have missed where he said Kannapolis.

I need to return my 22 R rebuild for warranty. I have less than 7000 miles and continues to use oil, about 1 quart per tank plus fouled out the plugs recently which I replaced. The truck runs ok, but believe the problem will get worse. The rebuilder says they will furnish another long block with a core exchange. To remove and install the long block is another $600.00 to my local mechanic in SC or have the rebuilder in Kannapolis, NC do they work for the $600.00 fee. Any advice, comments, or insight is appreciated.......I can send my email if response outside of this is better.

Back