22re timing set

yota4me

Where can i get a good timing set for a 22re? I want metal guides but I dont wanna pay 150 bucks for one from LC. Are there any other places that sell a quality set for less?

T-hoff carries Rock products same as seen here http://engnbldr.com/ get T-hoff to match there price, they will have it in a day or so if not in stock we have used a bunch of them, Metal guides good quality. but $150 does not sound to bad for what all you get. 2 gears, chain, tensioner, and gaskets. its kind of amazing to me how cheap they are. I used to stock the rock stuff but we don't do as many motor biulds, timing chains as we used to.

timing set

alright i just thought 150 seemed way too much b/c i work at advance auto and we sell the set for $50. granted its plastic guides but i didnt think metal guides would jack it up 100 bucks. i saw engnbldr's set and it was $88 with timing cover or oil pump. That kinda seemed too good to be true price wise. so i naturally assumed that it might be lacking the quality.

You can't honestly compare advance auto parts to anything else. The engnbldr stuff is pretty good and we've used it a couple times. I personally go with DOA products, even for the extra price because I know what I'm getting is the best and I support the local guy.

ok thanks. I just wanted to see somebody say theve used there products and they are good.

DOA, what is he making his own parts now. He is installing aftermarket parts just like the rest of the world, He has a Fram filter on one of his motors for cying out loud, and i would be willing to bet he uses Rock products. he also uses Felpro Gaskets, and clevite bearings both can be purchased at advance. Not saying they are bad just saying.........

I bought a set of metal guided gears from partsdinosaur.com. real nice fella. great price!

Back