305’s on a Tacoma

JNO

I have a set of 305-70-16 in my garage that are brand new more or less, would these fit on a 2001 Tacoma with a 2” lift, I will be using them on a stock wheel, the only thing I worry about is them rubbing the UCA’s, I didn’t know if anybody else has tried that size out on one

Almost positive they will not fit. Anything over a 33" will need substantial work to clear the firewall.

If you roll through the build thread of my old truck you'll see what needs to be done to clear. I can't remember entirely but I'm pretty sure the wheel spacers were too help with uca clearance.

Almost positive they will not fit. Anything over a 33" will need substantial work to clear the firewall.

If you roll through the build thread of my old truck you'll see what needs to be done to clear. I can't remember entirely but I'm pretty sure the wheel spacers were too help with uca clearance.
I fully agree with your thread, 32’s on a Tacoma just look good, when i graduated high school I wanted a a newer truck so I bought a 96 Tacoma and put 32’s on it, I’m probably totally wrong but I was thinking on 2000 and newer you couldn’t put 15 inch wheels because of the calipers, if could I would love to get a 15” wheel and a set of for it

I fully agree with your thread, 32’s on a Tacoma just look good, when i graduated high school I wanted a a newer truck so I bought a 96 Tacoma and put 32’s on it, I’m probably totally wrong but I was thinking on 2000 and newer you couldn’t put 15 inch wheels because of the calipers, if could I would love to get a 15” wheel and a set of for it

Ran into this with a 97 4runner. V6 trucks have slightly bigger brakes so most 15s wont fit. If a 4cyl it should fit.

Actually iirc the wheel spacers were for the wheels to clear the brakes. That plus they were 3.5"-ish backspacing. Both sets of wheels I ran were 15's so it's def possible. The first set of wheels were actually factory 85 SA wheels.

@JNO I’m running 31x10.50r15 KM3 on 15x8s on my 99 4cyl with the factory suspension and no rubbing and my front suspension is wore out.

Back