39.5 Boggered Tahoe...Woods Toy on 400acres

The problem with any fuller thread is that people are actually offering advice. With this thread/topic in particular, the guy didn't ask for any advice for his business or the aesthetics of his personal rig. But people have jumped on him and started ramming advice down his throat. It should be evident, by now, that he's not going to listen anyway. Just go back and look at all the threads, topics, and dumpster fires when he DID ask for advice, received lots of excellent advice, and then just turned around and shit on all of it. Why waste your breath or sanity with it anymore? And why keep hounding him about it and trying to force him to listen? He's not going to do it anyway.

Guys, Fuller just needs his attention, we are all just enablers.

Dang was he that retarded too! I can't remember all these but him and the current puppet in charge should hang out and play dominoes.....

got the steering fixed on it yesterday and this weekend will be another shakedown run so we'll see how it goes. new pump (not reman), good filter, 1.5qt external reservoir so tripple the fluid capacity now.
I will say so far I am NOT a fan of light weight buggy/rigs lol. This thing is so light in the rear, it straight up sucks. Even them boggers at 3.5psi it breaks traction like stupid easy. So not sure how much I'm going to like it wheeling like this, before I could crawl over all kinds of stuff especially in double low but now what little I've driven it, seems like the rear is gonna be sliding and slipping everywhere...hmm good think it's easy to add the weight back HAHA, for real though why does everybody like this whole "light weight" thing? all I see so far is gonna make everything that much harder to overcome

got the steering fixed on it yesterday and this weekend will be another shakedown run so we'll see how it goes. new pump (not reman), good filter, 1.5qt external reservoir so tripple the fluid capacity now.
I will say so far I am NOT a fan of light weight buggy/rigs lol. This thing is so light in the rear, it straight up sucks. Even them boggers at 3.5psi it breaks traction like stupid easy. So not sure how much I'm going to like it wheeling like this, before I could crawl over all kinds of stuff especially in double low but now what little I've driven it, seems like the rear is gonna be sliding and slipping everywhere...hmm good think it's easy to add the weight back HAHA, for real though why does everybody like this whole "light weight" thing? all I see so far is gonna make everything that much harder to overcome

I think the difference could be weight bias. The front being alot heavier than the rear. Keeping dropping air pressure until the sidewalls bulge.

Light weight climbs hills easier. Strap 100 lbs on your back and try hiking up hill.

Keeping dropping air pressure until the sidewalls bulge
Lol at 3.5psi there's no bulge at all what the heck, its gonna be 0psi to get em bulging haha will try it this weekend

Lol at 3.5psi there's no bulge at all what the heck, its gonna be 0psi to get em bulging haha will try it this weekend
It's about weight balance front to rear. The way you have it set up with essentially zero sprung weight beyond the front seats, there's no weight on the tires. (Layman's terms)
What about the rear link setup? Any idea on your numbers? That plays a pivotal role as well

You can't compare your rig to an actual lightweight buggy. All you did was hack the rear off an already overweight rig. As @Jody Treadway said, you screwed up the weight balance and probably have some link geometry issues as well. Not to mention the nitrogen pressure in those little 2" air shocks to support that rig. How much shaft do you have showing at ride height?

A true lightweight buggy that is setup properly will do amazing things on the trail/obstacles.

<snip> How much shaft do you have showing <snip>?

A true lightweight buggy that is setup properly will do amazing things on the trail/obstacles.
That's what she said. :lol:

I know. I'm 12. But dammit, that was funny! If that ain't funny, just git the hell outta here. :laughing:

What about the rear link setup? Any idea on your numbers? That plays a pivotal role as well
Very good point, I just slapped it together lol
This is going to be the issue. There's a reason why people dont just put links anywhere they will fit
Read my statement lol.
It's ok, I will get to actually wheel it Sunday in 4wd too. So far just in 2wd its been weird but its all good, ill make it work like I always had.

How much shaft do you have showing at ride height?
I have 8up8down

Finally hot a gnarly trail finished, been too busy to come work out here but now I'm back st it. Pictures don't do it justice as usual...this is that new 2023 Disconnect Dans30 yall lmao šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚
ZJ 4" lift welded stock D30/D35 on bald 285s with twin cases and AW4..my $500 rig as it currently sits..ripped that front almost in half hehe
20230812_140644.jpg
20230812_142526.jpg
20230812_140417.jpg
20230812_132438.jpg
20230812_140155.jpg
20230812_154726.jpg
IMG_4790.jpg
20230812_154651.jpg

Is the Tahoe gone?

Dang! I have another hp30 if you need it

Dang! I have another hp30 if you need it
yeah I kinda need one like badly...and I need to remember how to wheel with a D30 since it's been like 6yrs now with Tons and 40s+ lol...call me in the morning

Is the Tahoe gone?
yeah traded it for a skidsteer awhile back cause I just didn't have the time to use it and no regular trailer so i traded it. Now I wish I had it lol, but once I get these 37s on this ZJ and link it, it'll be good enough for now with twin cases helping a lot. them 32s just weren't cutting it, hangin up on everything and my gearing didn't really do enough...this trail requires at least 35s, and today it got messed up even worse from some SXS going up...tore it all to crap so gonna be interesting to see if the other jeeps on 35s can make it next weekend with how it looked when we left today

Back