78/79 Bronco Owners - Soft Top!!??

cyoung

Like other 78/79 owners I've been looking around for a soft top for several years. Today I stumbled across this site:
www.can-back.com and talked to a guy named Brian. Can-back has been around for awhile and had a pretty good reputation I think. I've seen one or two and they looked good, not cheap though. Anyway, the company has been sold/bought and the new owners are working on prototypes in conjunction with a new fabric vendor. They plan to start producing tops for current production vehicles and then move on to older vehicles. Where they start with older vehicles may be influenced by what market they think they will have. At best it will be a while before anything is made for the 78/79's but it needs to start somewhere! If you are interested in one, please go to the site and fill out the "Status Notification List" form to let them know you are interested. Please spread the word.
Thanks,
Charles

Post this on fullsizebronco.com
I don't post enough over there to have the priveledge of starting a thread. I put the info as a reply to another thread and asked for someone to pick it up and post it but I don't know if they did. Could you post it there?

there is a fella on s. main street in winston salem right at the county line that back in the 80s was a 4x4 accessory dealer. he let me dig through his junk pile of unsold stock one day. lots of soft tops there. cant remember what they fit what they fit though. chances are i was looking for some year or another bronco top. you might catch something i didnt.

I've got a Singer 251-12 Industrial with walking foot that will sew luan (sp?). Made a couple tops for my Early Bronco and would have persued this opportunity back last winter but this winter I've got more work than I can shake a stick at this moment. I've got a FSB and it would be an easy fit if I could get my hands on some aluminum rail stock of some kind. I used to do the snap buttons but that's just too out of technology for they rust and mess up. I've seen some tops attached by aluminum rails that were sweet.

Back