78 Jeep J10 short bed, needs transmission and motor work. $4800

Turk919

1978 Jeep J10 short bed pickup truck, lifted 6”, still spring under. Clean N.C. title.

Was a father/son project, lost my dad earlier this year and I don’t want to mess with it anymore.

AMC 360\TH400\Dana 20, TH400 and 20 were swapped in, originally had a TH400 and Quadratrac. I rebuilt the transmission a few years ago, I will freely admit I’m not a transmission guy but I used a master kit and went step by step through an instruction book and a tips/tricks book. I have (2) unknown shape TH400’s and (2) rare 2 speed quadratrac units I could include for a little extra.

Engine runs and truck moves (sluggishly) under its own power, but the engine and transmission need attention. This is a project truck and is in no way shape or form implied to be ready to go after a weekend of tinkering.

Bed is solid, took me about 2 years to find one this decent, does not have typical J10 rot. Some Bondo in front fenders, I have some I can sell with the truck.

Contact me with any other questions. I am open to chatting about pricing but straight up lowball offers will be ignored as I can/will part it out or use the parts for my other jeeps.

IMG_9395.jpeg
IMG_9394.jpeg
IMG_9393.jpeg
IMG_9563.jpeg
IMG_9565.jpeg
IMG_9566.jpeg
IMG_9584.jpeg
IMG_9576.jpeg

Back