87 YJ emissions control

mbalbritton

#@$%!
So, poking around the YJ I noticed that the O2 sensor wires are cut and not in use. I've not had to deal with emissions crap on a vehicle other than just replacing an O2, so I don't have much knowledge around the systems. I'm assuming there's been some sort of delete to the system done.

Also, there is an sensor that is mounted in the manifold just up stream from the O2 that looks similar to an O2, but different. this is not hooked up either. Not sure what it is. anyone?

What can I expect to find has been done to the rest of the system seeing as my O2 is not part of the system anymore. I'm assuming with this discovery that the plugs under the yellow boots next to the battery are the OBD ports and they no longer function? Also, what are the relays next to the OBD?

I'm trying to search this stuff online, but not knowing the names of what some of this stuff is makes it difficult to find.

It is and as far as I know, it always was.

I know the sensors are no use as it runs and drives. More curious what stuff under the hood do I not need and can get rid of.
It was efi and converted for sure. So there is 2 o2 sensors that are no use now. First one closest to engine is for the a/f the second past converter is to monitor the catalyst efficiency. Both useless now though. And most other sensors on motor.

Back