'88 Grand Wagoneer

Spence

Its definitely a project, but I got a good start on it a couple years ago before losing interest. Its an '88, does have a salvage title in my name. Very solid no rust through in the frame or floors that i have seen, but does have a rust spot under the passenger rear door on the rocker, and some crusty spots around the seams in the wheel wells.

At one point, i was going to get it on the road, i actually had it tagged and drove it a couple times but i was never able to get it to run right. Seemed like maybe the timing was off, but the front of the 360 was so grimy i never got in there to check the timing and it has been sitting ever since. has some smoke at startup but mostly cleaned up. someone tried to bypass/delete the smog pump so i suspect it could also be some vacuum leaks causing it to act up. Overall i just lost interest before deep diving into the poor running situation.

The good:
Replaced entire brake system (rotors, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, i think master cyl.)
replaced brake lines with SS, new flex hoses
replaced fuel tank straps and replaced fuel tank skid support. cleaned out the tank
replaced cap, rotor, wires plugs
installed reman 2150 carb in hopes it would run better, no dice
Seats are torn, but i have a set of great condition seats and door panels to go with it

The bad:
leaks oil and trans fluid. no idea the true condition of these, ive only driven it 5-10 miles but they at least functioned
tires old
battery dead at this point im sure from sitting in yard
one window gear track is busted, have replacements never installed.
crappy paint job, flaking clear coat etc.
i never had any leaks from the sunroof, but when i parked it outside i caulked around it because i just didn't trust it.
needs headliner
Janky hood release

Price is $2,700
20211005_190115.jpg
20211005_190053.jpg
20211005_190140.jpg

Back