95 Pathfinder, D60 9"FF, 37mtrs etc...

sharksanddanger

I'm building this rig for a customer of mine, it's a 95 Nissan Pathfinder. He wanted to do a solid axle and decided to go with a 60 front and we went with a ballistic fab 9" rear. This is going to be a dual purpose rig so it will see street time and will be driven to the trails. He went with the new 37" mtrs for tires. I'll be doing a radius arm setup up front with 12" 2.0 Fox coilovers and 63" chevy springs outback. I'm also doing sliders, bumpers and a internal cage. Shooting for 23-24" under the frame for ride height.

Anyway, pulled in the shop and on the lift today, started cutting and will do some more cleaning up tomorrow but everything is cut out.

Rig after unbolting some stuff but before any cutting.
ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01471.jpg

Ballistic 9" FF.
ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01556.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01588.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01586.jpg

Front suspension out..
ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01583.jpg

Rear suspension out..
ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Don_20Pathfinder_DSC01584.jpg

Man...You the king of nissan bling

Pretty cool unique build. Dont see to many of these of the trail. Lookin good so far man

Bling ass rear axle(I'd say it's worth more than a '95 Pathfinder lol)

Looks like it will be a pretty nice ride when it's done..I'll be watching

Hey the rear axle finally came!! Looks good man

Hey the rear axle finally came!! Looks good man

what was the lead time on that axle, ya know we could have totally built that axle with some improvements for the same cost. In fact those double splined shafts probably came from us. are the double splined shaft lengths 34 and 38.5 out of curosity. like real curious. If so the good news is if you have a failure you can just call us. not that they will they are american made 4340 heatreated and cryo'd w/ a lifetime warranty.

what was the lead time on that axle, ya know we could have totally built that axle with some improvements for the same cost. In fact those double splined shafts probably came from us. are the double splined shaft lengths 34 and 38.5 out of curosity. like real curious. If so the good news is if you have a failure you can just call us. not that they will they are american made 4340 heatreated and cryo'd w/ a lifetime warranty.

I doubt you could have built this entire axle for $2625. The shafts may have came from you, I don't know, good to hear they are lifetime warranty though. The axle was assembled when it arrived here. Was originally supposed to be a semi floater, ballistic couldn't find anyone to make the semi floater shafts for 8 lug so they did the full floater upgrade for free. The only other upgrade I can see on this axle would be a high pinion, maybe an ARB, other than that this thing is pretty set up. Took a very long time to get due to the issue with the semi floater 8 lug it was originally going to be, they had to do all the r&d and then machine everything for the full floater.

Im not trying to jam up your thread or anything but Im a little sore over this. Its kinda like me taking my nissan to a merchants tire in AZ to have them build my nissan with 1-Tons b/c they had a good deal on tires. Im going to keep apologizing but this is tech also and think this should be mentioned, any axle builder would have told you 8 lug semi float shafts is not possible. you definetly came out ahead by getting the full float set-up. Those hubs are nice.
This is more tech here but what is that axle exactly? It appears it is a yukon Case, is it a 3.25? and a yukon aluminum purple pinion support painted, with a yukon yoke. what gears are they using, solid spacer. who set it up? any warranty? and GM halfton brakes, functional yes.
There housings are nice and there hubs are nice. Is that a sweet set up for what you have in it, absolutely.

Dan @ ruffstuff's housings are as good if not better, and ruffstuffs hubs are going to be out real soon which have some unique features that I think make them more diserable.

A standard full float (ie rear 60 spindles and 60 rear hubs w/ bolt in flanged shafts or double splined shafts for quality), would have sufficed unless you were looking to save weight and im still a believer in the unit bearing FF design and think; that it is as light if not lighter than these hubs, which also gives you lug pattern options.
Dan's hubs will have lug options which will be nice.

Is there a provision in the hub slug to retain the shaft... with an ARB, open carrier, track lok and the correct length shafts they will ride on the crosspin, on a detroit they would ride on the thrust blocks most likely with no ill effect. on a spool w/ a properly machined shaft that tapers after the spline they could just slide right through to the other shaft possibly disengaging or giving poor spline engangement. So a martack should be run. i went back and looked at some pics there may be a recess cut in the cap to accept a internal c-clip like a CV shaft but hard to tell. we cut a groove .130 in from the end of the shaft for a external c-clip but we run an additional cap that he does not. we will eventually have ones more like his that do have an internal c-clip to eliminate extra parts. i just wonder if he beat us to the punch.

Since we are on the 9'' subject ballistics new semi float ends are sweet and long overdue.

Could we have built that for $2625 ya but would we probably not, we like to sell stuff thats tested and ready so people don't have to wait forever and have issues (cough portaltek). we will be releasing the FF Comp 9'' CAA in do time for around the same price. http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2763607-ecgs-comp-9-caa-full-float.html Were just scratching up the coin to get everything in house, well have unit bearing hubs, ballistic hubs, ruffstuff hubs in hand to get a feel for whats best. we have the samples for a new unit bearing housing end which will be more affordable and cost effective. I guess we could just presell and deliver very late (cough portaltek/balistic) it seems to be popular and succesful.

Alas im just jealous, I know how sweet this build is going to be and now every NC tom dick and harry is going to be trying to copy you and run out to AZ to get an axle and thats just bad for business.

I should probably come down there to check it out if you see me drilling holes in the housing just ignore me.:flipoff2:

Im not trying to jam up your thread or anything but Im a little sore over this. Its kinda like me taking my nissan to a merchants tire in AZ to have them build my nissan with 1-Tons b/c they had a good deal on tires. Im going to keep apologizing but this is tech also and think this should be mentioned, any axle builder would have told you 8 lug semi float shafts is not possible. you definetly came out ahead by getting the full float set-up. Those hubs are nice.
This is more tech here but what is that axle exactly? It appears it is a yukon Case, is it a 3.25? and a yukon aluminum purple pinion support painted, with a yukon yoke. what gears are they using, solid spacer. who set it up? any warranty? and GM halfton brakes, functional yes.
There housings are nice and there hubs are nice. Is that a sweet set up for what you have in it, absolutely.
Dan @ ruffstuff's housings are as good if not better, and ruffstuffs hubs are going to be out real soon which have some unique features that I think make them more diserable.
A standard full float (ie rear 60 spindles and 60 rear hubs w/ bolt in flanged shafts or double splined shafts for quality), would have sufficed unless you were looking to save weight and im still a believer in the unit bearing FF design and think; that it is as light if not lighter than these hubs, which also gives you lug pattern options.
Dan's hubs will have lug options which will be nice.
Is there a provision in the hub slug to retain the shaft... with an ARB, open carrier, track lok and the correct length shafts they will ride on the crosspin, on a detroit they would ride on the thrust blocks most likely with no ill effect. on a spool w/ a properly machined shaft that tapers after the spline they could just slide right through to the other shaft possibly disengaging or giving poor spline engangement. So a martack should be run. i went back and looked at some pics there may be a recess cut in the cap to accept a internal c-clip like a CV shaft but hard to tell. we cut a groove .130 in from the end of the shaft for a external c-clip but we run an additional cap that he does not. we will eventually have ones more like his that do have an internal c-clip to eliminate extra parts. i just wonder if he beat us to the punch.
Since we are on the 9'' subject ballistics new semi float ends are sweet and long overdue.
Could we have built that for $2625 ya but would we probably not, we like to sell stuff thats tested and ready so people don't have to wait forever and have issues (cough portaltek). we will be releasing the FF Comp 9'' CAA in do time for around the same price. http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2763607-ecgs-comp-9-caa-full-float.html Were just scratching up the coin to get everything in house, well have unit bearing hubs, ballistic hubs, ruffstuff hubs in hand to get a feel for whats best. we have the samples for a new unit bearing housing end which will be more affordable and cost effective. I guess we could just presell and deliver very late (cough portaltek/balistic) it seems to be popular and succesful.
Alas im just jealous, I know how sweet this build is going to be and now every NC tom dick and harry is going to be trying to copy you and run out to AZ to get an axle and thats just bad for business.
I should probably come down there to check it out if you see me drilling holes in the housing just ignore me.:flipoff2:

No worries Chase, I understand. I try to spend my money locally as much as I can, the gears etc in the front axle came from you and I'll be ordering more from you within a week or so. I also try to send as many people as I can your way.

I am a vendor for ballistic now and the cost of the axle helped with the buy-in, it was also supposed to help save time and money in the long run. I am upset as well as my customer that it took as long as it did to get the axle, it was supposed to take 5-6 weeks but that's just how it went, nothing I can do about it now, my customer however got a killer axle for what I feel to be a great price. I think I actually like the ruffstuff housing better too but this housing is nice and the aluminum hubs are also nice, I'm also not going to turn this into a BF/ RS battle, they both make good parts, portal tek on the other hand surprises me that they are still in business after having personally dealt with them. It does have the yukon 3.25 case, 5.43 gears(unsure of brand), 35 spline detroit, the 35 double splined chromo shafts, forged 1350 yoke, daytona style pinion support, disk brakes and the 14 bolt hubs.

Yes? What is the shaking for? You must not know anything about what you're looking at to be shaking at that price tag for the axle purchased. I find it very funny when people shake their head or complain about somebody who may spend more cash on a rig then they do, why is it bad that someone wants to have high quality parts and pay a price to get them, does it make it less of a rig because he dropped a little more cash on an axle than somebody else would?

Man another awesome build!Did you ever sell the xterra?

Yeah Chase Im a little sore too after having alot in one rearend but you know how it goes....right?Especially after its still not right.

Richard, I'm going to have to request that you stop building bad ass Nissans. I keep walking out in the garage and see my half finish Hardbody sittin there and its no where near as fancy or as well built as the rigs you build and it makes me sad, lol. Good looking build so far. Looks like this should turn out to be very high quality as always. keep us updated.

-Cory

Man another awesome build!Did you ever sell the xterra?
Yeah Chase Im a little sore too after having alot in one rearend but you know how it goes....right?Especially after its still not right.
:lol:does this sound suspect to anybody else, or is it just me," im a little sore too after having alot in one rearend"

Back