99 chevy hauler 4wd issues.

speadphreak

Howdy all noob to the site wanted to say hi and ask a question. Friends said this was the place to find out. Im having issues with my hauler its a 99 Chevy crew k2500. Im having 4wd issues. Yesterday I was pulling a trailer with my tractor on it and I looked down and the 4lo button was blinking. I pulled over shifted to neutral and hit the 2hi button, nothing I hit the 4 hi button and I heard it clunk like it was shifting into 4wd and then it clunked again (2 sec between) both 4 hi and lo lights were blinking then the 4 hi stopped. I tried this several times with similar results. Today after a bit of research I pulled all three fuses related to the 4wd and transfer case and pulled the plug to the actuator and plugged it back in. Now the lights come on on the switch when I start the truck but then they all go off. Is there any way to test the components without replacing every thing? I pulled the actuator it looks fine with no broken pieces. Does anyone know what voltages to which pins to check for function? I appreciate the help. The jeep I run is so much easier when something goes wrong all this electronic crap just irratates me.

Don't know about the Chevy, but my Ford Expedition has an ABS Light On and is throwing an OBD Code, I cant remember the number now....but the 4x4 Light flashes at the same time...

The 4WD works fine...I believe the ABS system is causing the
4x4 Light to flash.

Cant afford to fix it, so I'm just waiting for someone on here to offer to help me with it.

Good Luck.. Hope someone else knows more than I do on this subject...:beer:

if you heard it clunk that meant it did go in 4 low or back to hi,so the t case motor is good. it blinks between shifts to lo or hi, or because you may have accidently bumped the 4 lo button while moving more than 5 mph. the actuator in the diff was upgraded in 97 to an electromechanical actuator vs the old troublesome thermomechanical actuator to resolve the problems of not locking or slow locking ive had 3 trucks do this, the lights in the switch went bad but everything worked like it was supposed to, so we just had to remember what it was in.(or push 2wd button before you leave.)

Back