99 jeep wj check engine light?

Scott86MJ

The code is a p1494 anyone know what part needs replacing? Inspection due last month please help.

Scott86MJ said:
The code is a p1494 anyone know what part needs replacing? Inspection due last month please help.

Leak Detection Pump Switch or Mechanical Fault...

have you cleared it to see if it comes back?

my '99 has a code, and you can clear it, and it makes it two days before it comes back...so I clear it the night before I take it to get it inspected...

Greg

yeah I cleared it and the inspection station failed it becouse the codes was "not ready" I'm wondering were is the leak detection pump located on a 4.0?

Scott86MJ said:
yeah I cleared it and the inspection station failed it becouse the codes was "not ready" I'm wondering were is the leak detection pump located on a 4.0?

I don't have my FSM on this PC, so I'll look later if nobody else has answered...

how long before the code comes back?

I cleared mine in the parking lot of the inspection joint and it failed...drove it around a couple hours (several on/offs) and went back and it passed with flying colors)...

Greg

here's a pic of two diagrams showing it from my '01 TJ...but on the '03 TJ, they moved the EVAP stuff to the rear of the vehicle:

LDP.jpg

not sure where it is on a WJ...

Greg

It takes a day or 2 to come back on depending on how much you drive it. Thanks for all the help I'll try to find those diagrams should help.

Went out and found the leak detection pump. It was behind the driver head lamp. TRaced the vacuum lines back and found it was pulled off of the intake manifold. The Jeep dealership in Shelby was wanting to charge my wife $300.00 to fix it. I thought that only the sales people at the dealerships were crooks. Maybe they have just bad technicians. It took me 10 minutes to repair it and Im a telephone technician.

I'm guessing they were quoting "diagnostic fee" plus a new pump, without actually knowing what the problem was...

glad you got it taken care of...us "telephone" people have to stick together...;)

Greg

Back