"a date which will live in infamy".

kaiser715

Doing hard time
December 7, 1941

Lost or damaged: Arizona, Oklahoma, West Virginia, California, Nevada, Tennessee, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Utah, Helena, Raleigh, Honolulu, Cassin, Downes, Shaw, Oglala, Vestal, Curtiss

We were discussing this today at work, you beleive its not even on the calander we have here. Got everything else hanukkuh , first day of winter ,kwanzaa.

Arizona under attack and sinking:

ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t222_PALADIN85020_Pearl_USSArizona.jpg

Ford Island today, showing the U.S.S. Missouri, where the surrender document was signed in Tokyo Bay, and the visible hulk of the sunken U.S.S. Arizona:

ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t222_PALADIN85020_AZ_MEMORIAL_SATELLITE_IMAGE.jpg

Ford Island today, showing the U.S.S. Missouri, where the surrender document was signed in Tokyo Bay, and the visible hulk of the sunken U.S.S. Arizona:

ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t222_PALADIN85020_AZ_MEMORIAL_SATELLITE_IMAGE.jpg

My Grandad was a Radioman on one of the patrol boats in Tokyo Harbor while MacArthur and the Japs had a little chit chat on the deck of the Missouri 71 years ago today.

There is still a lot of bad blood in that part of the world towards Japan, long memories. I was in Korea on a US Army Camp a few years ago with some Korean soldiers on Pearl Harbor Day. The TV was playing something about it, showing the USS Arizona burning and I commented that "We nuked their @ss over this". A Korean Army Sergeant said to me, "And we thank you for that", he meant it from the heart.

I work for a Japanese company. Like 100 or so Japs there. There are two very quiet days at work a year, and today was one of them. Guess what the other is... But we've grown to understand that the guys that work there didn't do these horrible things to each other, and we move on the best we can. Its weird though, because both acts pervade each others history so deeply. we just kinda all walk around with our heads dipped a little today in honor and sadness. they are deeply remorseful for what the attack prompted- a hardcore ass whooping.

Ive been to PH and can tell you that it is one helluva trap. It mustve been horrible to be stuck in that dinky little watery culdesac with nowhere to run. got Tora Tora Tora on the dvr gonna watch later on.

I watched the Pearl Harbor episode of WWII in HD today and a couple of others. All I gotta say is those men were brave!

Back