A little XJ Work

SlyFox

Worked on the jeep a little over break. I installed some spacers up front to compencate for the winch and get it up to 4.5". Also installed some S-10 springs to replace the old 3" blocks and worn out springs. Got the D44 finshed but when I went to install it the Drive shafts was to long and was pushing the yoke all the way into the case so I need to get it cut down before I install it. Also made some BPE's out of some rear swaybar end links for all 4 shocks.
D44 after being pulled back out becuase of the drive shaft being to long
ausjeeps.com_host_thum_423049be51c786c69.jpg

D35 back in and s-10 springs installed
ausjeeps.com_host_thum_423049be4f539960f.jpg

Using rear sway bar end link mounts I made some customs BPE's
ausjeeps.com_host_thum_423049b714fb2eb39.jpg

After I got the work done I had to take it out for a little farm wheeling:
ausjeeps.com_host_thum_423049bd7f2a19660.jpg

ausjeeps.com_host_thum_423049bd7f2ac6bfe.jpg

what else needed to change

I am guessing you had the basic 3" lift that everybody who owns a cherokee seems to have at some point. Haha. I of course have the same but with add a leafs in the back. I am looking at 2" spacers in the front and shackles in the back to try and gain another 2" total to clear 33"s hopefully without losing too much flex. I have heard a lot about adding thos extra 2"s though. Did you have to drop your control arms in the front with the spacers added??? Also how are your brake lines. I understand that they are very tight with the 5" and one more thing. How are the pitman arms. Do they even fit right with the extar lift?? So many questions I know but I'm looking to add the 2" to mine in a couple weeks b4 we head to uwharrie.....

I am guessing you had the basic 3" lift that everybody who owns a cherokee seems to have at some point. Haha. I of course have the same but with add a leafs in the back. I am looking at 2" spacers in the front and shackles in the back to try and gain another 2" total to clear 33"s hopefully without losing too much flex. I have heard a lot about adding thos extra 2"s though. Did you have to drop your control arms in the front with the spacers added??? Also how are your brake lines. I understand that they are very tight with the 5" and one more thing. How are the pitman arms. Do they even fit right with the extar lift?? So many questions I know but I'm looking to add the 2" to mine in a couple weeks b4 we head to uwharrie.....
I acctually had a 4" lift but when I put my winch on it droped me down to 3.5". So I added another 1" to put me up to 4.5". So I already had several things taken care of. But yes I run 16.5" lower control arms from rusty's that are made for a 4.5" lift. Also for the track bar I have a relocation braket from skyjacker. For the Brake lines I run 95 YJ lines as they are 3" longer than stock and bolt right up. I also have to run a 1" Transfer case drop to keep the drive line angles right. When you looking to go up to uwharrie? I'm planing on heading up on the 11th with a group. But yes in my case with a 4.5" lift I can see with a little trimming I can run 33's and still have plenty of flex.

I'm running a Rusty's 4.5" lift with spacers up front and RE Boomerang shackles in the rear. Works great. Will be better after I go long arm the Rusty's arms are just too short for 6" of lift. Brakes lines on mine are for a 93 YJ with brake line relocation brackets.

Nice Jeep by the way.

Back