!!Advice Please!!Body lift on 89 s10 blazer 2dr

sodnahue862002

this is my first time putting a body lift on a s10 that is an automatic. i had 2in body lift on a 2002 zr2 s10 exd cab 5 speed that i put on. well short story zr2 broke i found this 2dr blazer, and i have a set of 31 that im going to put on it, i am putting the body lift that was on the zr2 on the 2 door blazer. i have got all the blocks on but now i have an issue that the column shifter will no longer reach. my question is, in the right kit for this truck would a longer shift rood been sent or what instructions would it have given me to fix this issue? any insight into this would be very very helpful. thanks very much all

look at the shift rod as installed in the truck, mark a vertical section and cut, lengthen by 3" with a piece of round stock welded in. Make sure it's a good quality weld because no shifter isn't cool when you least expect it....

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I would think it would need to be extended by 2 inches for a 2 inch body lift.
another solution could be to lift the transmission by two inches via a transmission/transfercase only 2 inch drive train lift. This would get it back to the correct height. with no other type lift installed that should still allow acceptable angles on your drive line front and rear.

Back