All non serviceable joints squeak eventually

Clubbs

Noticed my 2018 ram started to squeak when backing a trailer and steering back from hard over this weekend. It's got 99k miles on it so I wallow under with the grease gun and there's not the first zerk fitting anywhere ok the front end. Good grief.

Its probably dry tie rods, but I'm not up for drilling and tapping the cap. I dunno, maybe I am. Probably just run it like it is then replace with better parts

100K isn't bad. Drilling and tapping runs the risk of chips and burrs getting introduced into a tight fitting joint, not to mention the seal on a non serviceable unit isn't made to release grease. Cummins front ends are under alot of pressure and are very sensitive to wear. I put a serviceable synergy T link on my 3rd gen and I'm pretty happy with it.

If you waited till near 100k miles to hit it with a grease gun ,be glad they are sealed units. Sealed non serviceable joints do very well, and 99% of vehicle owners wouldn't grease them if it was available
Well that's true. I climb under it for every oil change and fuel filters. Looked for zerks but never saw any. There's one on the front shaft cv but otherwise nothing in sight. Figured that if something was squeaking I'd look harder. Oh well...

Back