all you wrangler people

thebluyak

alright so my friend has a 90 wrangler islander, we where takin out his seats and carpet to put herculinor in the tub, so as i was unbolting his seats i noticed the passenger seat rear right bolt didnt look right, so i took a closer look and the side of the mount had been like broke and the metal been pushed down, his seat was still sterdy but obviously we cant leave it like that. basically it looked lik something heavy had been put on it and broke the sheetmetal and pushed the mount down. My solution, get a pry bar or any other stick of metal, pry it back to as flat as we can, bondo over it, herculine over that and call it a day. im goin to take a picture of it in the morning so it can be more clear, i cant even think of how to describe it, never seen anything like it before
but if u can work with that then drop some suggestions but ill get a pic tomorrow
Thanks
Oh ps. by mount, i mean where the bolt screws into the tub not the actual seat bracket

Probably from someone sitting in the seat and pushing back very hard.

I wouldn't bondo that, it will just break again.

Get someone to weld another piece of metal either under the tub or seat to strengthen it up.
Then shoot some rustoleum on it to keep it from rusting before you do the liner.

My $.02

Back