Aluminum Extension ladder section.

ghost

I'm looking for a section of aluminum extension ladder to use as a guide for my chainsaw mill. Needs to be over 12' if possible. If you have a broken ladder taking up room let me know.

1663945679577.png

Picture so you can see what I'm looking for. Free or cheap please.

YotaOnRocks

I'm assuming bent or broken side rail won't work for you? If it will, my brother in law throws away a ladder every few months and I can let him know you need one. They frequently work in the Charlotte area so it wouldn't be too far from you.

ghost

I'm assuming bent or broken side rail won't work for you? If it will, my brother in law throws away a ladder every few months and I can let him know you need one. They frequently work in the Charlotte area so it wouldn't be too far from you.
Really looking for a section of a 28’ or 30’ one. So of one section is damaged I can use the other half.

YotaOnRocks

Really looking for a section of a 28’ or 30’ one. So of one section is damaged I can use the other half.
Unfortunately they usually bend the last 6' or so of each section, if he gets one with enough of a usable section for you, I will let you know. Also a good place to pick up a cheap ladder is craigslist/marketplace, once winter sets in the residential work slows for the crack heads and they sell all their tools until tax season.

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
A fire department that has one that has been to close to heat or a rung damaged lets them go. Probably gets handled internally but if you know a few firemen you could ask. They have mandatory inspections on them...used to fix some that wasn't related to heat. Fun fact they have stickers that turn when to hot for to long.

ghost

Unfortunately they usually bend the last 6' or so of each section, if he gets one with enough of a usable section for you, I will let you know. Also a good place to pick up a cheap ladder is craigslist/marketplace, once winter sets in the residential work slows for the crack heads and they sell all their tools until tax season.
That is what I figured. I've been looking on marketplace but when they want 200 - 300 for a used ladder and they are new in lowes for about $350 I wonder what they been smoking.
A fire department that has one that has been to close to heat or a rung damaged lets them go. Probably gets handled internally but if you know a few firemen you could ask. They have mandatory inspections on them...used to fix some that wasn't related to heat. Fun fact they have stickers that turn when to hot for to long.
I was not aware. I'll have to check into that.

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN

Had one that got too hot while I was on it a couple years ago. Started bending much more than Id have liked. Failed the test a couple weeks later.