and for the transmission...

Didn't you say that transmission was brand fawking new? The TC is "factory" stall, which I assume to be somewhere in the 1500-2000 range. Too low to be useful with your doubler, if'n you're itching to spend money on something.

Where's the part where you actually bolt something together and go wheeling? :flipoff2:

Yea, but the problem is Im trying to only have to do this once. So if I can build it up now so I wont have to redo something later I'd rather do that. But I guess you answered my question :flipoff2:

Oh... wheeling... soon.

soon = anywhere between this summer and summer of 2050

orange150 said:
Yea, but the problem is Im trying to only have to do this once. So if I can build it up now so I wont have to redo something later I'd rather do that. But I guess you answered my question :flipoff2:

Oh... wheeling... soon.

soon = anywhere between this summer and summer of 2050

C6's are damn near bullet proof. The only weakness is the second gear band servo tab on the band. That being said, the only ones I ever saw broken were behind big block street cars with high line pressure and modified valve bodys. Just slam a 2500 stall in it with a decent sized bypass cooler and wheel the crap out of it. If you plan on street driving in the winter, get a cooler kit with the t-stat setup to bypass the cooler until the tranny hits 125-150 degrees and leave the radiator mounted cooler in line.

If you still running the ferd p/s pump, odds are you gonna have more issues with that pos than the tranny any day. Put a equal sized cooler (full flow) on the return side of your p/s setup.

You need to first ask if anyone knows anything about a c6, which appears not.

C6s eat alot of hp and like to run on the warmer side. If you are rebuilding it to rebuild it once and for all, i would change to a wide ratio planetary, deffinitely your kevlar bands, find a forward/reverse/direct clutch pack with as many friction plates as possible, and a good torque converter - may even want to raise stall a bit over stock. And get a big honkin cooler, and if you got room a deep sump pan. That sucker should live a long and battered life.

StudNuts said:
i would change to a wide ratio planetary

Fawk no. Save your money, and the massive 1-2 and 2-3 jumps. He's already got all the gear he needs, the slightly lower 1st isn't going to benefit as much as the big shifts will hurt.

Swapping in E4OD planetaries is a fad that should have died long ago IMHO.

Yea I've already toyed with the idea of a wide ratio kit and am against it. One guy told me i could take some of the automatic stuff out of it since im going to have the manual valve body which will decrease rotating mass. I think one thing I need to figure out is what constitutes to a "good" TC. I was thinking that a higher stall wouldn't be good for off road.

Back