Andy at Ironman4x4- HUGE thumbs up!

REDLYNER

Mall Crawling Race Rig
This last ECORS race was brutal on my steering, I was literally moving rocks with my Currie tie rod. By the end of the race, my tie rod looked like a swizzle stick. I happened to wonder over by Andy's vendor booth and got to talking with him. After about 45 minutes of me bombarding him questions about all of the parts he brought to show, I was more than convinced to have him build me a custom tie-rod.

I gave him a few measurements of my steering on a Tuesday and he had built and shipped my new TR by Friday.

This is what I received:
alh4.googleusercontent.com__pajZbtIAsz0_T3oHQbm0ODI_AAAAAAAACBU_KXyqOu_xFOw_s800_tr1.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__3n_Eq8qU8QY_T3oHQWv0YLI_AAAAAAAACBQ_jSjndz09ObM_s800_tr2.jpg

The quality looks like it could go on the space shuttle! The dimensions were perfect and took me all of 3 minutes to install it on the jeep. Here is a comparison shot of a stock TJ tie rod, a currie cromo rod, and the new Ironman4x4 7075 rod:

alh3.googleusercontent.com__tp2vXrC12b4_T3pYPoxiXGI_AAAAAAAACBg_A5KwCXxG9Nw_s800_tr4.jpg

The race rig is tracking perfectly now. I can't thank Andy enough, anyone needing something like this, I would highly encourage you to reach out to him: www.ironman4x4fab.com

I wish all of my Flats damage was this easy to fix. :burnout:

alh5.googleusercontent.com__Oy2KO1Om7nc_T2jXPA20dCI_AAAAAAAAB_k_Jt0BnxUJGiM_s800_eflat19.jpg

He is a hell of a guy! Great with his customers too. I recommend him to everyone that asks! I have a tie rod that has bounced off many rocks and is only slightly bent. He built my long arms and my track bar. If you need something call him!

Andy is a great guy!
and builds a better product.

Spend a few minutes talking to him and you will understand why. He gets metal in a way most do not. He dosn't think ouside the box, he thinks outside the store that the shoe boxes are in. He approaches problems without prejudice and tries to honestly assess what is the best solution, not what will make me the most money or will move product the easiest.

Thanks guys....:eek:ops: LOL, The truth is after I sent out the tie rod I was curious how much stronger the 7075 x1.5 was so I ordered cro mo that matched his tie rod and put it to the test against my aluminum material. It went into the 70,000 lb press i use for bending my control arms. The cro mo held fast for a few seconds and then just let go like a 2 year old on the monkey bars. The 7075 didn't move at first but my compressor was low so i let it build to full charge..... I attacked. It bent after full pressure was on it for about 1/2" and then stalled my piston on the air over hydraulic ram...... it also bounced back 50% of that bend...... I am satisfied with the results. Did I take pictures... No.... am I a moron for this.... Yes..... LOL in the end I had a smooshed peice of cro mo and a slightly bent bar that I flipped over and straightened back out. :)

Keep in mind I am not bad mouthing the currie correct link steering system. It is a killer bolt on setup. I recommend them all the time for any lift under 4" What this comes down to is just materials. The 7075 from ALCOA is machinists manna from heaven. That's all there is to it. Not to mention the tie rod was very light.

This was a custom application tie rod. If anyone is interested in this or the like feel free to call me.
Thanks
Andy

Back