Another day at the F#&%'n office

Rich

Asshole at large
This past weekend, a bunch of changes were implemented that required some people in our office to come in, for an hour or so. That hour turned into several with the usual SNAFU's...

That Friday, I had brought in a pound of roast beef, a pound of cheese, and a jar of mayo, to make some lunch sammiches for the coming week - about $10 in food.

Monday morning, I bring in some bread, and low and behold.. the meat, cheese, and mayo, wrapped tightly in a grocery bag and "hidden" in the fridge - gone. I was PISSED. REALLY pissed. the door to the fridge is dented pissed.

So, a guy in my dept and I went in halves on a $30 dorm-sized fridge. I bring it in this morning, and the same people who I talked to about my food disappearing and really didn't care, NOW have a HUGE issue with the fridge being in my area...

her (talking loud enough for damn near every person on the floor to hear for no reason): "I don't think you can have that... they draw too much power"
me: "Ummm, it draws 85 watts, less than the desk lamp YOU have on your desk"
her: "Well, um, I heard the um, security guy complaining about it"
me: "If he has a problem with it, send him my way"
With that, she walked away.

Fawking people.. When someone takes care of a problem, they just can't leave well enough alone.. I've since moved it out of my cube, and slid it between 2 cabinets. It's currently disguised with company propaganda, and I might just spray paint it the color of the other furniture around here.. :D

Funny thing is, I've had a little thermoelectric cooler sitting in my cube for the last month... and 2 others in this area have 1200 watt space heaters.. :rolleyes:

Ignorance is bliss...

Mean people suck!

Been there done that. I used to manage 30+ employees, my children have better manners than most of them.

That's why I love my job now, 3 employees, and the boss makes 4.

:smokin:

Believe me, I'm looking forward to getting out of "big business" in a few years... I know the drawbacks of small business well, having grown up around it, but the benefits FAR outweigh the drawbacks.

Next time take in some beef infected with mad cow :D

I couldn't beGIN to work in that type environment....corperate....caddy women (old always hot natured, young always pissing and moaning cause it's cold) and wimpy guys that steal without having balls enough to leave a note, or dare say...ASK PERMISSION to rogue some of your stash

My ass would be fired in a weeks time no doubt!

When I worked at Nortel a power wire running underneath an adjacent cube started smoking. The problem was traced to a space heater in the managers office. She used it to warm her legs and feet in the winter. That's why most hospitals don't allow you to bring any small personal applicances.

Anyway, I am on your side with the fridge. We did the same in our office. If it wasn't the fridge it would be something else with that lady.

Rich,

We picked up a black fridge to blend in with the filing cabinets and server enclosures. Covered it up with a calendar, site closure holidays and cafeteria menu. Camouflage is the key. Do you know BOFH from the register? If not, you should. the register Just add her to the "known issues support list" :huggy:

you should go wheeling. problem solved. well, ok, not solved, but temporarily forgotten :D

Duane

I had a problem w/ someone stealing my Cheerwines after hours. So I got one, left it out on the counter w/ a piece of tape w/ my name on it. For about 2 hours I would perodically walk by and shake the shit out of it. Came back a day later to see the walls, ceiling and floor covered in it and I am sure they got covered as well.

never had a problem after that.

Ever since my uncle told me of a work lunch theft story, ive NEVER even considered it..

He worked at GE in the steam terbine plant, him as all the workes, carried lunch pails and simply set them in the break room. Someone started selectivly stealing the cookies and doughnuts from random pails. So they brought in a blueberry jelly doughut and replaced the filling with machinest blueing. [ Thats that industrial coating on guns and machine tools etc.] Well lets say they quickly learned who it was...

The soda trick is good :) thats always a common problem...

There refuse to fix the heating problem here so almsot everyone has a heater and/or throw blanket (ya its that bad) They have complained about safty as we about the lack of heat..

yager said:
So they brought in a blueberry jelly doughut and replaced the filling with machinest blueing. [ Thats that industrial coating on guns and machine tools etc.] Well lets say they quickly learned who it was.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad thing is, you'd probably get sued these days, and lose. But that's some funnay stuff!

During my Navy days: One roommate (4 per room) would always steal bread, bologna, and cheese and never replace them. We warned him repeatedly and he continued. Well lets just say the other two took the sandwich stuff out and wiped some choice body parts and replaced in pack. We came back after a long weekend and all sandwich stuff was gone!!! They asked was it good and then told him what was done. Problem solved. Never had any more problems with stuff going missing..

Every time I hear about someone mooching off others, I retell this story and no more mooching!!

IN2JEEPN said:
During my Navy days: One roommate (4 per room) would always steal bread, bologna, and cheese and never replace them. We warned him repeatedly and he continued. Well lets just say the other two took the sandwich stuff out and wiped some choice body parts and replaced in pack. We came back after a long weekend and all sandwich stuff was gone!!! They asked was it good and then told him what was done. Problem solved. Never had any more problems with stuff going missing..

Every time I hear about someone mooching off others, I retell this story and no more mooching!!
Sounds like blanket party time to me.

The saga continues.. Now Corporate Security is saying they're not allowed... I'm still waiting, though, for them to find anything in the company policy prohibiting it.

The fridge draws less power than my 21" LCD monitor I'm looking at right now...

Hey Stone.. have you contributed anything constructive to any post in the last month? Didn't think so. :flipoff2: right back at ya.

As long as it's UL certified, you have a leg to stand on. I went through this at my work years ago, and we got away with it because it was UL listed. BUT it's up to your manager, who can just say it's gotta go (or back you up). Mention to security that your food was getting stolen too.

J

If they boot your fridge out tell them to gather up all those space heaters, personel lights, cell phone chargers, DVD drives, computer speakers, etc. If they are gon'na call you out take everybody else down with you! I have to deal with some of that corporate crap where I work also.

Rich said:
Hey Stone.. have you contributed anything constructive to any post in the last month? Didn't think so. :flipoff2: right back at ya.
i think the real question is have i ever contributed anything constructive :D

Back