Another Noob!

Juggernaut

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I live in Greensboro. I am hoping to join CNC4X4 and start learning how to offroad. I am going to pick up my new (to me) 1992 YJ on Tuesday and I hope to attend the July 2nd adopt a trail clean-up at Uwharrie with my daughter Morgan. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and learning the ropes.

Juggs

Eric
Welcome, If you can try to come on out and see the CNC truck show Sat at the State Fair Grounds this weekend.
Jon

Thanks for the welcome Jon! I will see about making it down for the truck show this weekend... even though I wont have my jeep yet it might be nice to go drool over others.

Do you think I will have fun at the adopt-a-trail meet? I am very very new to jeeps and to four wheeling... will I be in over my head?

Juggernaut said:
Jon, do you know if/where I can buy a rubber floormat that would cover the entire tub of my jeep? I would rather do that right now than Line-X it.
I do the K5 thing so the only thing I know about the jeeps is what I fix on the trail! :)
Most do the spray in or the do it yourself type and that is what I would tell you.
I would think a tub mat you would need to remove everything to clean it out.
Jon

Ive been looking at the Line-X option but was just trying to find something cheaper. Are there available membership slots? I noticed in the bylaws that only 75 active members were allowed.

I'd have to know why you wanted a rubber floor mat, to tell you my opinion on your best option.

I ran nothing in my CJ for years, and the YJ tub is much nicer because it's galvanized. It doesn't need a liner, other than for noise reduction, looks, or coloring (I used rattle can black for years).

Durabak and Herculiner are popular DIY liners, but they fade quickly (unless you get UV stabilization), are not aesthetic, and they will be rough on your kid's skin.

J

Hey Jason,

I just want to eliminate having to worry about whether or not I have the top on when it rains, I also dont want any mildew. I had priced out Line-X at $550 and was looking for something cheaper to start out with which is why I thought of a rubber mat. What do you recommend? This jeep will also be a semi-daily driver (I have a new Ram truck for reliability.)

Eric

A bikini top. The seats are your biggest issue for mildew. They'll eventually die and you'll get new ones. They're the biggest issue with leaving the top off. I've left mine on because I need it for a DD, but normally mine goes off in March and on in Oct/Nov.

Over the years, mine has been peed in, thrown up in, rained in, spilled in, etc. I usually just hose it out. Get a nice tupperware bowl and mark it for your floorboard drain plugs, headliner bolts, and misc. stuff that you'll need when you put the top back on. (Drain plugs are great when the top is off, but they're a sure fire leg wetter when the top is on and it's raining).

J

J

Thanks for the information Jason, I was looking at the Bestop seats covered in neoprene for when I do have to replace mine... do you think they are worth it? Will you and Jon be at the truck show this weekend? If so how do I find the folks from the club?

Back