Another Volunteering Year Comes to a Close

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
The trails are open for another month, but with no December workday last weekend was the final official workday. We had a total of 20 (even though I counted one as .5 in Oct) work weekends this year and we got a LOT done. We easily did more this year than we did last year. And it was all thanks to the individuals and clubs making the workdays possible.

We installed a lot of guard rail to block spider trails/illegal bypasses, rebuilt corduroy log bridges, installed carsonite trail signs, picked up over 100 bags of trash, re-shaped trail areas for drainage including tail ditches, broke up hazard rocks/widened bypasses, put up over 120 trail diamonds/trail arrows, worked on the Saw-Mill re-route, armored stream/drainage crossings with rock/rip rap, removed old log bridges, removed busted culvert, put in hay bales, installed adopt-a-trail signs, slashed/bucked illegal bypasses, fell hazard trees, cut up hazard trees blocking the trail(s), and much more. And there is still a TON of work to do out on the trails.

These past 2 years have been a learning experience for me, and every work day I still learn something new. I have enjoyed being able to be apart of the workdays, and again I thank all the individuals and clubs that have participated in the volunteer workdays. Because without you guys there would be no workdays. It doesn't matter how many tools, how many pieces of heavy equipment, etc that you have if you don't have the community out there helping it amounts to nothing.:beer:

THANKS FOR LEADING, ELI

Someone has to do it, & didn't hear anyone else volunteering!
Wish I could have made more, work days, but that's why a group is appreciated. Not everyone, can make, everyone. I have as much fun, or more, as what I consider Work! I get a free pass, free camping, if wanted, meet other Wheelers, see the HDG, & enjoy the camaraderie. Plus, I'm helping the entire 4-wheeling community.
Will there be Winter Work Days?:nopics:

Thanks to all of the volunteers and especially Ely!

Back