Another WNC buggy...

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
This one belongs to 35xj on here. It started life as a YJ frame, which we narrowed about 9" in the rear. We then shortened its overall length by 13".

The drivetrain consists of a mild ZJ 4.0, TJ TF999, D300 with HD outputs and 4:1's. Waggy front, Yota rear, 4.56's and Lock Rights. Front has Yukon shafts and soon to have a set of Long's 760 joints. Full hydro steering get to take its toll on the 760's when turning...

Suspension is a triangulated 4 link front, 2" x .250" lowers and 1.5" x .250" uppers. 6" XJ coils in custom buckets moved high up on the frame. Rear is a wishbone 3 link with the same tube specs. We used stock TJrear coils out back. We used a mix of RE joints and bushings. Travel is remarkable, with zero rear steer at full flex and no binding.

Wheelbase is 103", frame height is 19" at the belly, overall height just under 70". We made the cage a little high so my big ass can fit in it. Weight should be in the 3600-3800 pound range with him in it. Tires are 37 Krawlers on soon to be beadlocked 17x8 soft 8's.

Skinned it looks good, we are prepping for paint now, then we'll post up some better pics, until then here's what we got.

BuggyUpdate4-2005014.jpg

BuggyUpdate4-2005015.jpg

BuggyUpdate4-2005017.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_BuggyUpdate4_2005018.jpg

This was our first attempt at a frame up buggy build. All seems well now, we'll know in about 2 weeks when she sees rocks for the first time.

Have ya actually weighed it? Sounds kinda heavy for something with light axles like those, though I'm sure the straight-6 is no lightweight, either.. :p

Rich said:
Have ya actually weighed it? Sounds kinda heavy for something with light axles like those, though I'm sure the straight-6 is no lightweight, either.. :p

That is a very liberal weight with a driver included. Actual empty weight should be in the 3200-3300 range we hope...

jody - Looks great man. Dave will really enjoy that thing. The yellow beast of yours is looking great too, btw. Tell dave I said congrats...Mac

hairy bean bag said:
my little nephew wants to know if he can rent that thing for his birthday party ,the gungle gym at mcdonalds is getting old.

No problem man, Reid would look good swinging around in there... :D

The tailpipe is acually a Yoshimura crotch-rocket muffler we had laying around. We used it to mock up the exhaust.

Back