Any Mountain Bikers or Active Athletes?

y2kcrawler

Now I realize I am a minority on this site w/ no kids or wife but work takes up as much of my time as that would so the weekends are all I get. Anyone on here into biking, wakeboarding, rock climbing, pretty much anything active outdoors? I have gotten out of shape this winter and packed on a spare tire but its nothing I cant shave off in no time.

I want to go to Poplar Tent this weekend, there are some good trails to ride and am seeing if anyone would like to join? That or do some wheeling, but if the weather is as nice this weekend as it has been, something will need to be done.

Let me know if anyone is interested.... :popcorn:

I do a bit of Mountain Biking. Im not into extreme downhill stuff, but trail riding is fine for me. Where is Poplar Tent?

Im also a big backpacker and do a fair bit of Kayaking as well. Havent gotten into rock climbing, although with my body build I've been told I would probably be good at it.

I was into mountain biking when I was a student at ASU, but since I moved to the coast, my bike has pretty much set up in the garage. I think I may resurrect it and ride the loop at Wrightsville Beach while looking at the scenery. Seems like good motivation to me, and it's better than running. Maybe a trip to the trails is in order for me.

Aside from that, kneeboarding is my second love.

I was into bmx a while back but I've been mountain biking somewhere near Fort Mill, it was a pretty cool place.

I was into bmx a while back but I've been mountain biking somewhere near Fort Mill, it was a pretty cool place.

Yea my friend just went to that Ft. Mill place this weekend. He said it was pretty weak actually. Said he got bogged down in the mud.... Sounds good for some wheelin tho! :bronco:

Hmm, seems a little too technical for me right now. Says its harder than Catawba, and I get killed out there every time I go :lol:

Hmm, seems a little too technical for me right now. Says its harder than Catawba, and I get killed out there every time I go :lol:

Nah man, just like wheelin, you pick the route you want to take. There are jumps and whatnot you can do and a in a nice procession so you can get as much speed and do as many as you want at a time. Its actually the most fun trail I have been on. And its mostly downhill (not too steep). I have a full suspension, but my friend didnt have a bike and took a beater stock frame with no front brakes and prolly 12 gears with a rusted chain.. He made it out ok. :wheel:

I want to get into day hiking and rock climbing, but cant find anyone local to go with.

I want to get into day hiking and rock climbing, but cant find anyone local to go with.

Yea too bad you live in Raleigh. I have been rock climbing for a long while and may take an extra summer job at the wall here at the whitewater center. If your out this way or headed to the mountains ever let me know and I may join.

poplar tent is the best place in or around charlotte for some good technical riding. some nice ladders too

I know I love that place! Great natural terrain as well as the man made stuff! There are ladders there?

I may have to take you up on that but im am a complete noobie

Ive got a friend down in Raleigh who loves hiking and that stuff, but doesnt know anyone else whos interested down that way either, I'll let him know your down that way and see what he says.

Anyone around Hickory into Kayaking? I no longer have a reliable partner to go with, and I dont feel comfortable going by myself, and I really dont have transportation for my boat either. Essentially now, I have a 900 dollar waste of money hanging up in my basement.

I'm not into mt bikes personally, but I was working a job in Lincolnton and saw a mt bike park just off of 150 going toward's Cherryville.

Sweet thanks Mac
You ever checked out the climbing wall gym off of Morrisville pkwy?
That's where you'd meet people that are into rock climbing.
:D

That said, I used to love it about 75lbs ago. :(
My fat ass wouldn't make it up a wall now for the life of me.

Ive got a friend down in Raleigh who loves hiking and that stuff, but doesnt know anyone else whos interested down that way either, I'll let him know your down that way and see what he says.

Anyone around Hickory into Kayaking? I no longer have a reliable partner to go with, and I dont feel comfortable going by myself, and I really dont have transportation for my boat either. Essentially now, I have a 900 dollar waste of money hanging up in my basement.

I have a kiyak, but I am a complete newb to it. Too bad you are 2 hrs away! Good rivers out that way though.

I'm not into mt bikes personally, but I was working a job in Lincolnton and saw a mt bike park just off of 150 going toward's Cherryville.

Ill have to check that out when I go to the farm this weekend? The farm is out that way for the race right?

I love to canoe and absolutely love sea kayaking.. Just had to cancel my 100 mile kayak trip on Lake Powell :( So if anyone goes to the OBX for a kayak trip let me know!!
Was big into biking, toying with the idea of selling my Fuji Tahoe Pro to fund my Jeep though...

www.tarheeltrailblazers.com

I used to race a while back and used it to cross train for Football. Got to ASU and the coaches weren't too hot on the idea. :) Still ride on a regular basis now that Im not playing but Im more into the freeride/downhill stuff now. There are a lot of trail systems in the Charlotte area to get started on.

backpacking, Kayaking(got 4 of them), hiking....Like most on here, winter has slowed me down...

dude... you gotta ride the trails at the white water park. lemme know when you wanna go.

I go there all the time.. I will be going sunday if I dont break my rig at the farm.

backpacking, Kayaking(got 4 of them), hiking....Like most on here, winter has slowed me down...

Winter helped me get my fat ass on. Now its time to get it off! :beer:

I mountain bike, wakeboard, bmx (dirt/street) and wheel.

but I'm in NC.

Well I technically live in South Charlotte. Not too sure where Clayton is. But lets ride! I have a full suspension K2 and Im not scared to jump it!

Back