Any old equipment folks here??

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
I bought the property around me at a county tax sale back in March.Ive worked on it off and on all summer cleaning up all the left behind trash/tires and scrap.Some of what was left behind was some old equipment.Its a Cat DW20 M tractor and a 12 yard Garwood scraper.The operating cond of the Cat is unknown since the pony motor is stuck.The scraper part looks to be complete but it is cable operated.Is there any value in this stuff beside the $5.50/#100 the crusher will pay?? I know they are using scrapers behind tracked tractors out west but the cost to make it hydraulic might not be worth the trouble.Looking to possibly sell it all as Im not set up to handle such heavy scrap.
IMG_9168.JPG
IMG_9169.JPG
IMG_9173.JPG

IMG_9174.jpeg
IMG_8735.jpeg
IMG_8738.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
That is cool. I got curious so googled these.

This is an old CAT preservation site.

One for sale in PA:

What would 50K bring in scrap? $3K?

One for sale in PA:

Probably about as much as it would cost to get it to the scrapyard. That will need a lot of wrecker and a low boy, and neither of those are cheap!

I would contact DieselCreek from youtube and see if he has any interest. He isn't too far away and if he was interested, it would be cool to watch him work on it.

One for sale in PA:

Maybe but youre gonna be penalized for the tires on it.Ive been told maybe as much as a #1000 per tire.Heavy steel is bringing $5.50/100 around here.

Probably about as much as it would cost to get it to the scrapyard. That will need a lot of wrecker and a low boy, and neither of those are cheap!
it rolls so in theory just a landoll with a winch.

I also notice it says US Air Force. May a military preservation group. I wonder what the Air Force used it for? Building runways?

Back