Any welders in the Fayetteville area?

Southern_Transplant

Comic Relief
So, I bought a cool little micro camper. I got it at dusk and I missed this when I looked at the frame.

IMG_20220302_085434582.jpg

I can bolt on about anything. But I've never welded in my life. Looking for someone in the area that can patch this up.

For reference, this thing is like a 500 lbs. Trailer. Here's the pic.

IMG_20220228_204647703.jpg

Looks like the frame has rot where the broken weld seam was located…. Can you get a better pic of that spot?

if that’s the case, the repair shifts from a simple weld job to one that’s more involved.

834032D1-DFA7-401C-9137-598C450F16D9.png

Naw, thin material. Gooodish weld took all the parent material with it. That frame is I'll bet 11ga. or thinner. The bracket is probably 3/16 to 1/4. The weld material is stronger than both.

Frame looses and the bracket keeps the "Science of Metals".

Undercut could have helped this along. A repair should try to distribute the tie in to the frame to prevent another tear out.

Naw, thin material. Gooodish weld took all the parent material with it. That frame is I'll bet 11ga. or thinner. The bracket is probably 3/16 to 1/4. The weld material is stronger than both.

Frame looses and the bracket keeps the "Science of Metals".

Undercut could have helped this along. A repair should try to distribute the tie in to the frame to prevent another tear out.
Thanks. Yep, @Tails hooked me up with a friend. He used a 1/8" angle iron to weld the bracket to and reinforce the frame. This thing is solid now.

Back