Anybody ever publish a book??

Jeff B

Thanos was right
I have several note books of poetry I am thinking of trying to have published.

looking for any advice or reputable publishing agencies

Research articles... no books yet though. Books are for the big shots in my line of work.
If you just want it "out there", tehre are a handfull of publishers that publish poetry and make it available in compendium books you can buy. You're not gonna get any royalties from them though.
My wife submitted some poems to this.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
They will need dental records
To identify you... :flipoff2:

Back on topic. There are companies that will print your 'book' one copy at a time. There are many more options now to get published than ever before.

<><Fish

There are companies that will print your 'book' one copy at a time. There are many more options now to get published than ever before.
<><Fish

My Dad used a company like that. It's called authorhouse.com. He pretty much wrote the book and published it there and they print and pay royalties as the book is ordered.

Of course if you go that route, you're pretty much self promoting. I know he buys extras and hands them out/sells them. They also do nothing about editing for you (at least it doesn't appear he paid for that option :D ). His book was printed complete with spelling and grammar mistakes.

I'm sure there are other similar companies out there that do similar work.

J

thanks guys

Thanks for the promo guys!

Sandra's 2 big books are published by SAS Publishing (as they both are about SAS software).

Elementary Statistics using JMP

SAS System for Elementary Statistical anaylsys

She has 2 out of print short story books. That were published by a small publishing house in Gainesville, FL. They are no longer in business. She of course lost all control of the interest in the books, cuz that publisher holds all the rights...:confused:

Blurb.com is another on demand publisher, but I don't think you get royalties...They take a percentage of what you are charging for the book. Sandra was going to use them for a short tech manual...but wasn't liking the payoff...So, she's been pimping it to technical publishers...

If you are hoping to make money...I have no advice.

If you just want your stuff out there, go with blurb.com or authorhouse.com.

Submit stuff to places like Glimmertrain.com. Hit up Borders/Amazon/B&N for a "Poetry writers guide", it's a book of places to submit your individual work, contests, compendium books, and the like.

good luck.

Thanks for the promo guys!
Sandra's 2 big books are published by SAS Publishing (as they both are about SAS software).
Elementary Statistics using JMP
SAS System for Elementary Statistical anaylsys
She has 2 out of print short story books. That were published by a small publishing house in Gainesville, FL. They are no longer in business. She of course lost all control of the interest in the books, cuz that publisher holds all the rights...:confused:
Blurb.com is another on demand publisher, but I don't think you get royalties...They take a percentage of what you are charging for the book. Sandra was going to use them for a short tech manual...but wasn't liking the payoff...So, she's been pimping it to technical publishers...
If you are hoping to make money...I have no advice.
If you just want your stuff out there, go with blurb.com or authorhouse.com.
Submit stuff to places like Glimmertrain.com. Hit up Borders/Amazon/B&N for a "Poetry writers guide", it's a book of places to submit your individual work, contests, compendium books, and the like.
good luck.
thanks good info

A friend just used lulu.com I don't know a thing about it, other than he seemed happy with the results.

I just did a photo book thru mpix.com That is a good option if also including pics or art. They have layout software you download...kinda like working with MSPub. Great results, but book did cost me about $40. Quantity discounts start at about 10 copies. They don't have online ordering, etc for subsequent buyers -- you upload, set quantity and they ship to you.

Roses are red
toilets are white
if you O.D. on exlax
you will sit there all nite

:fuck-you:

Back