Anybody know a place that will bend 2" .250 wall DOM?

87GMCJimmy

I need a place near Charlotte, Winston-Salem, or Cameron that can bend 2" .250 wall DOM. I need a total of four bends done and I cannot find any place that can bend it. It's for rock sliders for my Power Wagon. (in case you are wondering why so thick, the truck weighs about 7700lbs, and I have dented the .165 wall sliders I previously had on it!) Thank you!!!

Not sure on that. Last I spoke with Chris, he didn't have a 2" die. Even then, they aren't rated for .250 wall. My bender isn't all that happy with 2" .120. I know it'd have big problems with .250. I've heard that some exhaust shops can do it but have never checked into it as I've never had to make a bend in material that size. Maybe M&M or Jims?

Thanks Snappy but, I already contacted Chris, he can't. Thanks Broncosbybart! I'll shoot them an email. The bender at my work can do 2" but the die is only rated to .165 wall. Seems to be a common top rating. Makes me really wish I had bought the bender I was looking at a few years ago, IIRC it topped out at 2.5" .250 wall and had dies that were suitably rated.

Edit: rockcity, thank you! I'll email them as well!

I have a 2" die. I honestly haven't ever bent any .250 with it more than 15 degrees though. Are you needing 90's bent?

Back