Anyone heading to Uwharrie this Saturday (July 13th)?

jt12

Hey all. I'm doing a cross-country off-road trip, making my way west. I'm here in NC until Sunday morning, and wanted to make sure I checked out Uwharrie. Not looking to get into anything that's going to completely toast my ride, as I'm using it to get me across the country and back, but definitely looking to explore the trails, get dirty, and have some fun. I'm in a JKU Rubicon with a 3.5" lift and 35s. Totally new to UWE and it'd be great to go through it with some people that know their way around. Just let me know!

Hey all. I'm doing a cross-country off-road trip, making my way west. I'm here in NC until Sunday morning, and wanted to make sure I checked out Uwharrie. Not looking to get into anything that's going to completely toast my ride, as I'm using it to get me across the country and back, but definitely looking to explore the trails, get dirty, and have some fun. I'm in a JKU Rubicon with a 3.5" lift and 35s. Totally new to UWE and it'd be great to go through it with some people that know their way around. Just let me know!

I'm considering it. I'll update the thread when I know more.

I may be there this Saturday (and maybe Sunday).... Good place to meet is the Eldorado Outpost. I have similar Jeep.

I'm 70/30 for going on Saturday.

What time where you planning on being there?

We usually meet at The Outpost between 9:30 and 10.

Do you have a CB? We use Channel 14.

I'll be in a black 08 JKU on 37s.

I'm at 90% now. I'll be at The Outpost between 9:30 and 10. My name is Chris. This is my Jeep:

achrisahughes.smugmug.com_photos_i_rQ3Jmd6_0_X2_RE5A7495_v2_X2.jpg

:lol:

I love it when folks ask a question and then don't check back for the answer. It doesn't look like the OP has been back since he posted this Tuesday evening. Either way, We'll be at the Outpost Saturday am if anyone wants to join us.

We may run into you. My brother (YJ) and I (JKUR) will be taking our parents out in our Jeeps. It will be their first experience in Jeeps. My Jeep is very similar to yours except I have an '07.

I may have to go to the DC area tomorrow, won't know until the wife gets home tonight. I will be driving a black Toyota pickup if I can make it. I'll update later. Thanks
daniel 2nd crop.JPG

I will be at eldorado at 9. I will be getting breakfast there and then heading out. I will be in a black yj on 35's, with a red cherokee on 35s and a green bronco on 38s. if anyone sees me flag me down. Would love to put some faces with names.

I'll be at the outpost at 9 this morning. Green 92 2dr Xj and a red 00 Xj on 33's. we'll ride with any of you guys who are gonna be there

i saw you gotlime. I just didnt get a chance to speak to you. I was in the black yj.

How were trail conditions with all the rain we have had lately?

I went down friday and it was very slippery. There was just zero traction, lots of wheel spin.

I second this! With BFG all terrains, I had ZERO traction! (locked front and rear, 7000lb truck) Redneck92 can attest, I had to pull cable for an entire section of Dutch John! (a couple times I would actually slide backwards down berms whilst my tires were still spinning in drive trying to go up)

I was running MTR/Ks on a 5500# JKu and traction was fine. Yes, it's mopre slippery, but it was fine. It was softer and more muddy than usual, but it wasn't a total mess. URE drains pretty well.

The OP never came back to this thread and obviously din't join us. We had a weird day. Large group. Not all of us had wheeled toegther before. WE went straight to Daniel and there 6 to 8 rigs from GA there. None had cleared the first ledge. They had an interesting combination of unlocked or rigs w/o winches. First guy gave up, second guy gave it a go. At that point it had been an hour. Even if he made it, it would have taken them more than an hour to winch the rest up. And that was just the first ledge. By them more rigs had pulled up behind us and we had to do the trail dance to try to get turned around and out of there.

One guy in our group couldn't make it up the Dutch John hillclimb. Another guy broke his winch pulling him up. That took about an hour.

While waituing at Daniel a bike and a quad come through the woods and want to know if they can take the blocked off by pass. I go over and talk to them and tell them they shouldn't take the bypass and explain the reasons why. There must have been 20 people there. I told him we would move vehicles, spot for them or even carry their junk past the Jeeps so they can get through.

5 minutes later, they're blazing up the bypass.

I had fun wheeling with you guys this weekend in spite of the busted winch, part of the game. I went out Sunday with my daughter and brother both on All Terrain tires. Left my Jeep home as this was my daughter's first time driving off road. She has a '97 stock TJ on new BFG T/A KOs. We had fun and for her some scary moments. I would spell her when the adrenalin was getting the best of her. We did some serious slippin and a slidin! This past weekend was by far the slickest it has been that I have seen.

I had fun wheeling with you guys this weekend in spite of the busted winch, part of the game. I went out Sunday with my daughter and brother both on All Terrain tires. Left my Jeep home as this was my daughter's first time driving off road. She has a '97 stock TJ on new BFG T/A KOs. We had fun and for her some scary moments. I would spell her when the adrenalin was getting the best of her. We did some serious slippin and a slidin! This past weekend was by far the slickest it has been that I have seen.

We enjoyed having you out with us Derek. Sorry about your winch. I hate that.

Back