Anyone in Raleigh Durham or nearby can weld an aluminum crack on a canoe for me this week?

6BangBronk

Planning on canoe-ing this coming weekend and would like to have about a 1.5-2" crack welded up. Thickness of aluminum is said to be 0.05". Would like to have it taken care of the right way the first time and not slap epoxy on it. I can bring it anywhere. Prefer local but it's worth the travel.

17' Grumman

Thanks!

Actually at 80 lb's, and lighter than anything else ever available at 17' and much more durable from it's age for 40-50 years until Kevlar but at much cheaper price.:shaking: I can carry with one hand over my head?

This specific one made it's way down the French Broad at rapid level and crashed a bit was what I understood?

Mind for a reference to this 115 Grumman you speak of Fabrik8????:popcorn:

Old Grumman Canoe Stats - Canoeing / Kayaking

I was just estimating for humor, some of those aluminum oldies seem to weigh a HUGE amount. An 80 pound canoe seems like 115 pounds when you have to carry it any distance. :D

I'm still saving for a Wenonah. Might build a Kevlar one (I've got the composites experience), but canoes are less useful when it takes me 5 years to get around to start making it.

Last edited:
Back