anyone w/ carfax?

jay web

If so - could you please run YS3DD75B8W7003133? Its a Saab - anyone ever have one? Opinions? (the wife wants a more economical dd.) thanks, Jay

I wouldn't recommend any Euro car, the last Comsumer Reports showed that Euro cars are the least reliable on the market.
What I have always done is get a CR and find the recommended cars in my price range and have never been disappointed with my choice.

Now before I started using this method I had some real lemons. :rolleyes:

I've owned a couple and totaled my dad's brand spankin new '79 900turbo the week after I got my license...

Any thing before 87 was good, built by Swedes who cared about their stuff...The cars were quirky but built strong...but they are now almost 20 yrs old. Late 80's were not good to Saab, they were not inovating like they had been and yuppies started buying BMW's instead...Cars were O.K. General motors bought a chunk of them in the late 80's or early 90's, did the American Car thing and dumped a bunch of managers on site and started making cost come before quality. Company went down hill rather badly in the mid 90's, cars were as reliable as any mid size American car. In 96' or so GM purchased more of Saab, now owning something like 90%...new Saabs are now built on the "Sigma" platform (under many of the new midsize GM products) and are about as reliable as an Alero. The soon to be released (2007) 9-5x (suv) will be a rebadged Trailblazer with a better looking grill. Gives you an idea of where the company is going.

So what it boils down to is, it's a GM product, with some built in quirkieness...

Back