Anyway to fix cupped tires??

NCJeepin

Yes this is a stupid question...

Yes I think I already know the answer....

But here it goes anyways.....

Evidently rotating the 33x12.50 Mud Rovers on my Grand Cherokee every 5K just was not enough, now i have severe cupping on all my tires, there is no logical way to straighten this out is there?

If not what WAS a perfectly good set of year old mud tires are dead.... Guess I could sell them to someone that does does not drive their rig on the street.....

how are you rotating the tires ?

Front to rear ? or do you cross the fronts to the rear and bring the rear forward?

at this point, swap the tires from side to side crossing them. They will be loud as hell for a while.

then next rotation cross the fronts to rear bring rears straight forward.

you might save them this way, depends on how cupped they are.

Kevin

Sears auto used to true tires. They put tire/rim combo on a machine and grind down the high spots. This might work but I dont remember the cost.

What really needs to be done is to fix whats wrong. Cupped tires could be from lots of things but most defenitly from somthing in the suspension being worn. Most likely the front end. Tie-rods and ball joints can cause it but most of the time its worn shocks/struts.

Bruce,

Colony Tire on Arendell should be able to "true" them for ya. They have machines for large tires since they deal with heavy equipment...

Worth a try before you go buy new ones.

Back