Anywhere to buy headliner material in Asheville?

hans747

I have two car with badly sagging headliners (both gray). Rather than spend $400 getting them both fixed, i figure i will try my hand at one of them to see if it's as easy as they make it look on youtube.

That being said, I don't know where to buy the material in Asheville. Any suggestions?

any trim shop...

find the guy that is doing power roofs for the new car dealers; couple bucks a yard
search = 'sun roof installer asheville'

if you have no luck pm me and I'd ship

Right on, guys! Thanks for all the good advice. I will swing by one of the fabric shops tonight after work.

In your opinion, what is the best adhesive for this job (and where does that get purchased?)

Use the green glue that comes in a pail; its the same glue that the trim shop would use for headliners as well as Landau tops ...I use a cheap gun setup (hf, approx 15 bucks)
Take a empty Snapple bottle with you and see if you can buy a little from the trim shop....
If you can't find that green glue 3m makes several different spray adhesives and you want their high tack industrial one

You can also get proper headliner adhesive in a spray can, and it's $30/can if I remember correctly, but it's still cheaper than buying a bucket of headliner/Landau adhesive and barely using any of it. It's the same stuff in the bucket, but a company puts it into spray cans (it doesn't come in spray cans from the adhesive manufacturer). Can't remember who sold that stuff...

I've also heard of people using the Loctite Headliner Adhesive in a spray can, but have heard mixed results. I always take stuff with a grain of salt because some people are pretty skilled at not doing things the right way.

Back