Asheville Powertrain - Excellent Driveshafts

FunkSkunk

Strongest control arms around!
I just wanted to plug Asheville Powertrain located in (duh, asheville, nc). They do great work and the guys that build in the back are great to talk junk with too. Recently they built me a new front shaft and completely rebuilt the double cardan of my rear driveshaft. Look, everybody likes to talk about how great Woody shafts or High Angle driveline shafts rule, but honestly it's the same stuff that Asheville Powertrain makes just with more advertising and some pretty stickers.
:shaking:
So help out your local economy and quit buying shafts out of state!
Asheville Powertrain
1 Wells Ave
Asheville, NC 28806
(828) 258-3277

My friends dad, Robert, is the one that builds the shafts there. Great guy. He built my shaft in my short bed cummins out of DOM and did an excellent job.

the will make it anyway you want, just give them a call and ask about getting a driveshaft built. They will send the call to the shop and you'll get to talk straight with the guys building it, they'll give you a quote then too. You'll need to have measurements for them. Price wise, I don't remember but I wanted mine built by a local and they were highly recommended.

i have known robert since i was about 10 yr old and i dont really care for his work. but i have heard that from a few people that personaly know him and thoughts have been that he slacks on people that he knows cause he thinks oh its for a 4x4 and its ok if it has vibes or comes apart. now on the other hand i do buy all of my driveline parts from them and never had any issues at the counter. i now build my own shafts and have fleet pride do the balance!

shafts

Other shops in wnc that do the same work,Fleetpride on sweeten creek and TDR in Leicester .TDR is about half the price of APT.

Carolina Drivelines in Spartanburg builds them damn near bullet proof, has unbeatable prices and warrants them to boot.

You started a thread about them so everyone has the right to give their opinion. And several local companys have been suggested ( you know support local economy). I have used apt before and was satisfied but welcome other choices. I thought this is a group effort to help each other in this hobby.

Do they have thick DOM in stock? I use hickory fleetpride and they're great, but it's all relatively thin stuff.

Braxton , givem a call . They are pricey like I said though .

I agree on starting a new thread for another vendor and keeping this for APT .

Do they have thick DOM in stock? I use hickory fleetpride and they're great, but it's all relatively thin stuff.

Yea they have larger thickness tubing if you want it. I needed my front drive shaft in my K5 about 6 inches longer and he replaced the whole tube with a thicker piece. Cost me $75. I got my rear drive shaft there and it's pretty stout as well.

Yeah, they got whateever you want.

I have seen heavy equipment stuff in there as well...

APT sucks and i know. they did my shaft and it sucked they are over priced. and don't do good work. go back 550 times and they still can't get it right then i say 2 hell with them. and on starting a new thread if you don't like input on something then don't start one..thats not being a ass just my input...

I agree I have gotten drives shafts from them & they aren't bad in the diff dept. either!

I f you don't like them don't go there but I have never had the first problem from APT.

Back