Associated TC-4

technologyteacher

My school has an associated TC-4 that is mainly in stock form. We are in a competition at NC State. We have an allowable budget of $300 to modify the car. The competition is geared more to the efficiency, but speed is still part of the equation. LiPO's are against the rules. Must use 3600 mA NiMH batteries. What would be on your short list of "must do" mods, what would be on the "nice to do if money is left" list?

Thanks

if it were me and i was trying to get speed and efficiency i would try and find as many ways as i could to lose as much wiegh as possible, it would be a good start anyways....but i dont know a thing about that car so i couldnt give you any ideas on how to do that, maybe someone with a little more knowledge will chime in and be more help haha

Go for a brushless motor. If weight and efficiency are the biggest issues, consider going with a 480 (or smaller) sized motor. It's smaller than the 540 motors and should still make a enough power to move that TC-4. Can you make the car 2wd as well?

Get a really good set of bearings less rolling resistance and cut all the weight you can from it dremel the crap out of it

Back