August DIY Workday

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
August will be another DIY Workday, the details from the Forest Service e-mail:

Hi Everyone – The volunteer work weekend is August 18thand we’re not going to be having specific projects this month, but if you’re club is coming up please sign in with Janet Becker or send me an email with the hours you volunteered & the names of folks that volunteered and what you did & what trails you worked on. You can work on your own or in groups.

If any of your chainsaw certified people will be up please have them bring their stuff and clear out any downed logs & branches on the trails. Trash clean up along the trails & at the campsites & trailheads would be very helpful. Also, feel free to use shovels to clean out any tail ditches.

On September 15th we’ll be having several projects and I’m hoping Eli will have a Bobcat rental for that weekend. I appreciate all of your hard work this year & hope you’re not melting out there on the trails. Take care everyone. Bye - Terry

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests in North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest
789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371-9332

There once again will not be a Hunt Camp meeting, so as Terry Savery mentioned just stop by the Arrowhead Campgrounds and sign in with Janet Becker (Campground Host). She will have trash bags and any other supplies you may need to pick up trash on the trails etc. If a group from here wants to meet up I would suggest maybe 9AM at Arrowhead for those that don't just want to ride solo. Just a suggestion. Keep in mind there will not be any Forest Service personnel out there, so it will be up to you guys to decide what trails to ride and where to pick up trash etc.

She mentions a Bobcat rental for September, which is what we will be shooting for. We have $230 left over from NAXJA's donation to get us started, which is a good chunk of the rental cost but not all of it. So we will see, but the current plan is to do a rental for September.

Pm me for a cost of the rest of it.

I will be there again this time. Gonna come out for this one ?

Pm me for a cost of the rest of it.

I will be there again this time. Gonna come out for this one ?

Sorry for the delayed reply but I wanted to see my work schedule before posting a yes/no. Sadly I will be working 11am-8pm Saturday, which sucks but it comes with the territory of my job now. This is the longest time I haven't been out to Uwharrie in years. I will be out there for the September workday hell or high water.

Thats cool man.

Got to make money. I have worked the last 3 weeks straight now. Looking forward to going up there for a day off of work.

Had a good time up there today. Had 3 of us up there, which compared to last one we had 2 .

Alot of garbage got picked up. A few tree's were put to the side of the trails that had fallen just a few days earlier.

I listened too much to the weather man, again! Didn't wont to put the top back on, & not looking to get soaked!
Stayed at home & did yard work most of the SUNNY, day. As said, weather people have the perfect job, they don't even make excuses,
anymore, for missed forecast!:flipoff:

I tell you what man. The last 2 have been perfect for the middle of summer. Now yesterday was a little humid up there but not too bad overall. I did sweat like a stuck pig in a firepit though.

Back