Axle help

tommy_boync

:driver: Sup guys I have a ? regarding axles. I went rumerging at the local junk yard and found a couple things> I fornd and older 7*'s model grand waganeer with a true lock tranny but the question I have the back has a 6 bolt lug pattern and the front has a 8 bolt lug pattern does enyone know what these axles are and will they bolt up to a 78 cj 5? The other ? I have is I found a older e-250 or E-350 with what looks like a dana 60 or 70 in it. Rear. I want to put big axles under my jeep cause I will aventuly run 44's on it. Are eny of these axles worth buying. I am not much on flexing and stuff like that. Just want somthing to playing in the mud with and hot rod around town. :driver:

it is going to be a while before I actually install them I just have the oppertunity to get them if they are a good deal

tommy_boync said:
it is going to be a while before I actually install them I just have the oppertunity to get them if they are a good deal
The Wagoneer front should also be a 6 lug. If it's got 8 then someone swapped in a different axle assy. The rear should be a Dana 44. Decent axle. If you're not sure about the rear, look at the cover. If it's round with 12 bolts then it's a AMC 20. If it's sort of diamond shaped with 10 bolts it's a 44.

Hey was up folks I have returned to the yard today and got a close look at everything after i jacked it up off the ground. The van is a chevy 3500 and Iknow it has a 14 bolt in it with drums. also I do not what the gear ratio is for it i know the van had a gm inline 6 in it enyone have an Idea. As far as the waggy 8 lug go's it is a no go I didn't look close enought yesterday but it did have 6 lug so now I am down on the front end. Does enyone have a d44 and up fornt in 8 lug chevy pattern need complete from hub to hub passenger side drop. I can get youa dana 60 ford 8 lug out of a 7*'s model f-250 if enyone want to do some trading. Can enyone give me a sugestion on gear ratios to run??? I am going to run the amc 258 for now but might upgrade later to a 383 or 406 or somthing. I was thinking 4.56's the biggest tire I plan to run is 44's thanks everyone.

Back