Backpacking stoves

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
I used older model MSR it works fantastic in any weather conditions...

With a little research, you probably make something almost as light , that works almost as well, that is whole heck of a lot cheaper.
I have built the "pop can" stoves and they work well and are tiny. I use these whenever I am camping solo.
I plan for my nest stove to be a "plumbers stove."

Matt

I've got a regular old MSR shaker jet. It's not the fanciest, it's not the lightest, but it always works.

Canister stoves start right up.... no pumping, no muss, no fuss, but I don't like the idea of carrying a spare canister or having to carry the empty. With a bottle of white gas, I always know how much I have, and can adjust the amount of fuel I'm carrying depending on how long we'll be out.

I've got a regular old MSR shaker jet. It's not the fanciest, it's not the lightest, but it always works.

Ditto... I've had an MSR Whisperlite "Int'l." (will burn dang near any flammable liquid to be found on the planet... while I prefer white gas, have used unleaded, diesel, kero, & #2FO with nothing more than a jet change) for over 15 years and it works EVERY time

I've debated over one of the little battery/blower Sierra(?) stoves for general camping too...

Ditto... I've had an MSR Whisperlite "Int'l." (will burn dang near any flammable liquid to be found on the planet... while I prefer white gas, have used unleaded, diesel, kero, & #2FO with nothing more than a jet change) for over 15 years and it works EVERY time

+1 more for the whisperlite int'l. I bought mine used a decade ago and it is still exactly what I look for in backpacking gear. Simple, durable, easily serviceable.

EDIT: That biolite looks cool as hell... I might have just lost $100...

I've been using a pocket rocket for about 3yrs now, never a problem. it has made coffee in the jungles of Tikal, Mexico, and Belize , several fishing trips and 5 days at the Wannee music fest in fla. its well traveled. gotta have coffee in the morning.

I had a MSR whisperlite for years and backed over it :(

Replaced it with a MSR Dragonfly. Had it for years and never have had the slightest issue. As mentioned earlier, it burns anything and I always know how much I have.

Back