Barber ir Salon

Exploderpilot

where do you guys get your hairs cut? My barber was closed today and my girlfriend suggested i go with here and get my hair cut at the same place. What an adventure... got my hiar washed by a hot chick without my girl getting pissed. Thought that was great but at 20$ plus tip good god i dont have that much hair.

I paid $30 for a set of clippers about 2 years ago...and have gotten a haircut every week since then...

the cost per cut has been dropping and dropping...and no more 30 minute drives each way...

but, I do have to wash my own hair...

Greg

If you live in Winston and Billy Mitchel (sherwood barber shop, corner of Polo and Robinhood) isn't cutting your hair, you're missing out. That guy gave me my first hair cut in 1972 and can still BS and cut hair with the best of them. When I'm in Winston, I go see him. Now if you're looking for good barber in Greensboro Gene's on spring garden can't be beat. An Asian guy named "Ben" cuts mine, hot shave, straight razor and a short run with the back massager across the shoulders $11 ...
P.S. Salons are for panseys... :flipoff2:

I refuse to pay that much to get my hair cut ever again... just though it was nice to be in there with all these hot women pampering me and my GF not going nuts. Hell if i went to a massage parlor she would trip out :D

Exploderpilot said:
where do you guys get your hairs cut?

I get mine cut at The Hair Den... right beside 4th Street Filling Station on, you guessed it 4th St. The owner, Mike Shockly, has been cutting my hair for about 6 years now. At $10, for a cut, neck shave, etc. it's about the going rate and he *ALWAYS* fits me in. About 4-5 chairs, so if Mike is busy, have Ken or Jill cut it. The folks where I used to work (managerial & sales types that got cuts EVERY week) recommended him and about 5-6 guys I work with now (PhD types) get their hair cut there.

If I didn't look so bad with ultra short hair, I'd go the dog clipper route myself or shave it like Rob! This is a good alternative for me though....

:beer:

HWY 64 Barber shop in Morganton the last five or so years. 2 seater shop, Lady Barber in one of them. "Dee Dee" guess who cuts mine? Hmmmm bout time to go back! LOL Does an awesome job( I think) good conversationalist, and knows all about my family and so on and always wants an update. Great lady, Great Barber

my moms old friend works at some "stylist" place. I figure If he wants to charge me over a hundred dollars so I look "devine, and to die for" he don't need no tip. from now on I just get it washed, and cut. rarly do I get highlights, no more blow drying and straighting (which cost about 50 bucks... never will I make that mistake again, I can do that on my own) doing the very minuim cost me over 30 bucks. I don't think they need tips...

You get what you pay for to a certain point. I've been going to see Kim at Niki's Hair Palace for about 3 years. I can walk over from work. I'm sure I'm the only white guy ever to step foot in the place, but she does a good job and is consistant.. I've tried the other hair butchers and get harrased for cheating on her, when I eventually return to see Kim :)

I'm with Rob and jeepers69.

Shaved it for the first time 5 years ago and wouldn't ever go back!!

In fact I wish they made a product like ROGAIN but the opposite!!
Now I'd buy that!!!

Back